XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VZW LG G2 Root Checker

Tip us?

macman159
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Angry VZW LG G2 Root Checker

I have a vzw lg g2 and I know there is a root checker and it will be tripped when I root, I want to know if the root checker is reversible if I flash back to stock using the lg software and wipe and factory reset. Will this reset the root checker status? I do not want a device if something happens with the device hardware wise that is caused by verizon and not me and root and I have to send it in to get it fixed and they find that I have root and it is my fault when indeed it is their fault.

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 553
If you use the method they have on the site to go back to stoxk, it will change the status in phone info from rooted to non rooted. Not sure if they have any other way to test it

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

macman159
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlrus View Post
If you use the method they have on the site to go back to stoxk, it will change the status in phone info from rooted to non rooted. Not sure if they have any other way to test it

Can you shoot me a link?

Rodeojones
Old
Thanks Meter 145
I actually just had to do this today. My volume up button stopped working. I've been rooted since four hours after purchase. I returned to stock (very simple, mind you, if you download the correct files and follow the directions carefully) and the status went back to unrooted. Not sure if it would have mattered since it was a hardware issue, and no one actually checked, but I wanted to be safe.

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 553
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960

macman159
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
I actually just had to do this today. My volume up button stopped working. I've been rooted since four hours after purchase. I returned to stock (very simple, mind you, if you download the correct files and follow the directions carefully) and the status went back to unrooted. Not sure if it would have mattered since it was a hardware issue, and no one actually checked, but I wanted to be safe.
That always seems to happen near the 1 year warranty or right after the the warranty lol. So with the link lawrus sent me, is that the method I follow?

Rodeojones
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by macman159 View Post
That always seems to happen near the 1 year warranty or right after the the warranty lol. So with the link lawrus sent me, is that the method I follow?
That's exactly the link I used.