XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Successor to HTC ONE in February 2014?

Tip us?

DM_
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by barleysoda View Post
SD cards are old hat. Don't need them. they are slower and have more issues then on board storage. Just make the new devices with 32gigs minimum of on board storage and all is well.
Nothing more irritating then SDcard 0 and SDcard 1. How many times has this driven good Dev's batty? Ask the sense 5 rom porters.
Not too mention the only reason the EVO LTE doesn't already have a multirom port is because the sd card issue. Years ago I would have told you I needed an SD card slot. Truth is I buy an sd card and throw it in and forget about it. Hvent removed it since the EVO lTE was new and it might have well just been on board storage. I have a Nexus 7 and love the fact that it doesn't have an SD card confusing everything. Love not having to remember which drive the rom is on when flashing in recovery. "now lets see...did that download go to sd card0 "downloads" folder or sd card 1 "downloads" folder?" Yeah enough of that trash!

SD cards are for OG nerds, you fill up a 32 gig phone and I say go buy a real video camera there Spielberg.
I could fill up a 64 gig card with music alone. I don't find it confusing because I don't use the onboard drive for anything.

ryanalan82
Old
(Last edited by ryanalan82; 17th December 2013 at 03:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by barleysoda View Post
SD cards are old hat. Don't need them. they are slower and have more issues then on board storage. Just make the new devices with 32gigs minimum of on board storage and all is well.
Nothing more irritating then SDcard 0 and SDcard 1. How many times has this driven good Dev's batty? Ask the sense 5 rom porters.
Not too mention the only reason the EVO LTE doesn't already have a multirom port is because the sd card issue. Years ago I would have told you I needed an SD card slot. Truth is I buy an sd card and throw it in and forget about it. Hvent removed it since the EVO lTE was new and it might have well just been on board storage. I have a Nexus 7 and love the fact that it doesn't have an SD card confusing everything. Love not having to remember which drive the rom is on when flashing in recovery. "now lets see...did that download go to sd card0 "downloads" folder or sd card 1 "downloads" folder?" Yeah enough of that trash!

SD cards are for OG nerds, you fill up a 32 gig phone and I say go buy a real video camera there Spielberg.

Some people like to have most of their music with them (me included), and NOT stream from a cloud with ok reception and eat up battery life. Maybe a 128 gb phone would be acceptable, 16 and 32 are not enough, and haven't been for yrs. Better graphical games are bigger nowadays as well. And I have tons of games, and all emulators on mine. Seriously, stop bashing on people who like options. U want to be ruled by Nazis, than get an iPhone! Sorry, but that's my 2 cents

Swyped from my eVo
eVo 4g lte, S-Off, Rooted, M4 superjelly, mount point swapper hack, TWRP 2.5.0.0, 64 GB class 6 SanDisk sd card, cpu 1.5, gpu o/c 512/320, fiops i/o scheduler,2048 sd speed, otg enabled. phone is very very full and still blazing fast! Quadrant over 7400's!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryanalan82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]