XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting on MJE

Tip us?

Abbotta
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Rooting on MJE

So I purchased the Note III a couple of days ago and noticed it had the multitouch problems everyone was referring to. I was following a Root De La Vega guide when it said to check for this before moving forward. Moving through threads, I saw a lot of people were saying that the "new update" fixed it. I thought that this thread was referring to the MJE update, but I now know that it was referring to MJ7.

My question is, I know that you can not Odin back to previous builds from MJ7, but can you go from MJE to MJ7, then root with RDLV, use the survival mode method to keep root, then have root on MJE? If not, are there any other options other than Kingo?

neyenlives
Old
Thanks Meter 444
The inability to go backwards was after moving to MJE, you can't go back from MJE to MJ7

I think kingo is the only root method widely available today.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

NeoMagus
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotta View Post
So I purchased the Note III a couple of days ago and noticed it had the multitouch problems everyone was referring to. I was following a Root De La Vega guide when it said to check for this before moving forward. Moving through threads, I saw a lot of people were saying that the "new update" fixed it. I thought that this thread was referring to the MJE update, but I now know that it was referring to MJ7.

My question is, I know that you can not Odin back to previous builds from MJ7, but can you go from MJE to MJ7, then root with RDLV, use the survival mode method to keep root, then have root on MJE? If not, are there any other options other than Kingo?
DO NOT USE DE LA VEGA ON MJ7, MJE, YOU WILL END UP SOFTBRICKING YOUR PHONE, if you want root youll have to use Kingo. De la vega is meant for MI9 ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyenlives View Post
The inability to go backwards was after moving to MJE, you can't go back from MJE to MJ7

I think kingo is the only root method widely available today.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
You cant go back on any firmware, IE use MI9 odin or de la vega on MJ7, secure check cache fail softbrick, requires a pit flash to fix.
Nexus 10 32GB 4.4.2 / Unlocked /Rooted
Nexus 7 16GB C8 4.4.2 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy Nexus 32GB 4.4.2 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy SIII 32GB 4.4.2 CM11 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy Note 3 4.3 / Rooted

"Executing sudo command."

Abbotta
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMagus View Post
DO NOT USE DE LA VEGA ON MJ7, MJE, YOU WILL END UP SOFTBRICKING YOUR PHONE, if you want root youll have to use Kingo. De la vega is meant for MI9 ONLY

You cant go back on any firmware, IE use MI9 odin or de la vega on MJ7, secure check cache fail softbrick, requires a pit flash to fix.
I know that Kingo and vroot links are banned on xda for now because there was an issue with the collection of suspicious data and due to the fact that the app connects to servers that could transfer anything to your device. Is this still the case? I know that the KingoApp team was going to fix some of the data collection, but did that update ever see a release?

Thanks for the quick responses,
Abbott

njfoses
Old
Thanks Meter 760
Quote:
I know that Kingo and vroot links are banned on xda for now because there was an issue with the collection of suspicious data and due to the fact that the app connects to servers that could transfer anything to your device. Is this still the case? I know that the KingoApp team was going to fix some of the data collection, but did that update ever see a release?

Thanks for the quick responses,
Abbott
Kingo is fine.
www.gplus.to/njfoses
Note 3
Gtab 10.1, cm 10.1 nightlies

If I have helped please click the thanks button !
The Following User Says Thank You to njfoses For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Abbotta
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post
Kingo is fine.
How sure are we of this? Isn't Kingo still not allowed on the forums? Can anyone else second this?

njfoses
Old
Thanks Meter 760
Quote:
How sure are we of this? Isn't Kingo still not allowed on the forums? Can anyone else second this?
The thousand's of people that have used kingo are sure. Any time you root your device your taking advantage of an exploit. Kingo is as safe as any other root method out there.
www.gplus.to/njfoses
Note 3
Gtab 10.1, cm 10.1 nightlies

If I have helped please click the thanks button !

student702
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kingo confesses, repents.

Kingoapp posted an image on its Fbook timeline (Nov. 7 -- Timeline Photos Album, pics 7 and 8 of 17) The image is of what looks like a reply letter from Kingo specifically mentioning XDA forums, and how Kingo promises to be as open source as possible in the future. The English is, how you say, inelegant at times; and surprisingly elegant at other times. Is this something about which people already knew and didn't care? Is it a smoke and mirrors answer, or substantial?

In any case, I'm satisfied. I MUST be rid of Backup Assistant Plus! I'll keep my eye on the credit card statement.