XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No activated Sim card

Tip us?

mrkhigh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Default No activated Sim card

My wife is getting a new phone for Christmas and the kids will most likely be getting the infuse. Currently it is running cm11 on it and her Sim is getting ready to be deactivated

Will the phone require a Sim to boot and be usable as a small tablet/ media player?

Will it give an error no Sim?

Is there some mods I'll need to make on this?

Is it possible to turn off the phone radio by default and keep WiFi on?

I will freeze the messaging and phone app but if I can gain battery life I'm all for it.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

madpb
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkhigh View Post
My wife is getting a new phone for Christmas and the kids will most likely be getting the infuse. Currently it is running cm11 on it and her Sim is getting ready to be deactivated

Will the phone require a Sim to boot and be usable as a small tablet/ media player?

I will freeze the messaging and phone app but if I can gain battery life I'm all for it.

I run a spare Infuse with no SIM card and it works great. You will get a notice on boot up but that you do not have a SIM but that is all and it works great with out one. I install the MagicJack app and Skype and I get and make phone calls with it all the time.

You dont need to make any mods to the phone.
Samsung Galaxy Note2 on Temesek
Straight Talk LTE service

jkakkanad
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkhigh View Post

There's a flashable zip located in this Rootzwiki thread that'll disable the cellular radio and remove telephony and messaging services. I haven't tried it but it worked for another XDA member.
Phone: Samsung Infuse 4G
ROM: BeanStalk 4.4.205 (Android 4.4.2)
Kernel: ROM Kernel
Modem: UCLB3
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.5

Good places to start: Google -- XDA Search -- Super Infuse Noobie Question Thread -- INSUT -- ISET

In case things go bad: GTG's Ultimate Unbrick (Odin) -- UCLB3 Unbrick (Odin)
The Following User Says Thank You to jkakkanad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]