Specs:
B&N NookHD+
Android Version 4.3
Kernel Version 3.0.31-green+
build03@cyanogenmod #1
Fri Aug 30 05:35:43 PDT 2013
CyanogenMod version
10.2-20130830-NIGHTLY-ovation

First off, thanks to those who respond with help to my situation. I definitely appreciate it.

Problem: I bought a NookHD+ off of craigslist as an affordable alternative to a tablet PC. I'd like to watch some episodes of netflix and hulu and youtube on my TV with it. I bought the HDMI adapter for the NookHD+. Unfortunately it's not working and I think it's because it was flashed?/rooted? to a different OS. This is not booting from a memory card, it's booting internally. I'm not an expert with these so the boards are a bit confusing when it comes to rooting, etc. I have tried two different fairly new TV's. The TV's do not even sense an input signal.

Questions: Shouldn't I just be able to connect the HDMI adapter and have output even with the CyanogenMod OS? If so how? If not how do I get back to the original NookHD+ OS? Any other ideas as to why the HDMI output is not working?

sandsofmyst
Old
(Last edited by sandsofmyst; 17th December 2013 at 03:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Edit: It appears that it should be possible with cm on the nooks. It is searchable as I know it was brought up before. I was thinking about mhl which doesn't work.

Also it looks like your on a terribly old and gimped 10.2 build. Could also be your problem. Update to the latest.

leapinlar I believe has a way to go back to official bn rom in the event you didn't create a backup. If you did [create a backup] it could be as simple as rebooting into recovery, backing up, wiping, then restoring.
HTC sensation 4G | cm11 albinoman ROM - 3/2/14 Workaround for incoming phone calls going to missed (including the swipe issue) with all cm based roms -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=884
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official ROM (331 hours of uptime reached with much daily use)
....Nook HD+ 16 | (Returned due to random reboots; defective tablet)
The Following User Says Thank You to sandsofmyst For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jmoon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsofmyst View Post
Edit: It appears that it should be possible with cm on the nooks. It is searchable as I know it was brought up before. I was thinking about mhl which doesn't work.

Also it looks like your on a terribly old and gimped 10.2 build. Could also be your problem. Update to the latest.

leapinlar I believe has a way to go back to official bn rom in the event you didn't create a backup. If you did [create a backup] it could be as simple as rebooting into recovery, backing up, wiping, then restoring.
Thank you, I will try to update the build to the latest one first.

Jmoon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoon View Post
Thank you, I will try to update the build to the latest one first.
Just updated to the latest build and found two things:

1. My nook is operating much better
2. That HDMI adapter has to be surgically attached in order to function. Literally if it moves a little bit the TV will lose signal. That was probably my main issue but the update helped too.

Thanks again for the assistance.