XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recommended ROMs/Kernels for Battery Life and Configurability

Tip us?

Buscador
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Recommended ROMs/Kernels for Battery Life and Configurability

OK, I realize that everyone has a different idea of the best ROM and/or kernel, and I fully expect to try out a few different ones to see which is best for me. However, I am hoping that I won't be irritating anyone by asking for suggestions on where to start. I don't need a lot of extra features, but I do like to be able to configure as many settings as possible--that is the main reason I chose Android in the first place. I also want to maximize battery life. Based on my experience with SlimBean on the Nexus S, it and SlimKat will be definite contenders, but which others should I consider? And are there any specific kernels I should look at? It will be a couple of weeks before my LGOG arrives, so there should be fairly stable 4.4.2 based ROMs by then, but I don't mind using 4.3 ROMs if they will provide better performance. I have been using a Galaxy S II for the last several months, where NeatROM is the only real choice if you want good battery life, so I'm a bit out of the loop.
"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we do know that just ain't so." Artemus Ward

dinohunter117
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have been having a similar issue with trying to maximize performance and battery life at the same time. I have found that using android 4.3 really does make a huge difference in battery life and it makes all the animations, I think, look more fluid. Now as Kernels go, I cannot recomend one in particular, but look for one with eco mode or just change your processor setting with Trickster mod. I use only 2 cores, the ondemand governor, and keep my frequencies between 1026000 and 1512000. Hopefully this helps.
Tags
battery life, configurability, features, kernels, roms