5,596,431 Members 40,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 3g internet on Pageplus with an LTE device

Tip us?

cw4l
Old
(Last edited by cw4l; 19th November 2012 at 04:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Thus far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raenae92 View Post
How did u activate ur lg revolution on page plus. I bought one on and I can't get it activated...please help me!!!!!
What you need is to find out what software version your Rev is on. If it is V7 and down you can access the LG programming menu. This is necessary. If your on V9 you will need to download the APK to open this menu for you. I did not develop this menu nor can I post it here but you will be able to find it by googling for LG Android Data Assistant. Cricket or another flashing forum, I believe. Then you will want to open that menu, go to Data-LG check Data service in NV mode. Then Mobile Networks and choose NV from the drop down. If your account with P+ is already active, use CDMA WS to write NAM and EVDO info and a PRL. Phone must be on, connected via USB and in Internet Connection Mode. This will allow you to write to the phone and change the MDN and MIN. Change ESN on account and drop the last number of the IMEI. Test call, BAM. Talk and text working. Still no data here. Will update once I have managed it. If only I could access *#*#4636#*#*.

EDIT: Got data working (3G) Menu>Setting>Wireless & Network Settings>Mobile Networks>System Select>CDMA Only; Phone will reboot; Enter Settings again up to Mobile Networks and change global data roaming to be for all trips. Check your network type and strength then test by opening web page. 1X may be there for a moment but after the handshakes settle through the system your 3G should be active!! WOOT! 3 day project, DONE!
The Following User Says Thank You to cw4l For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

I.M.famous XMAN
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectormanny View Post
Did anyone come across a lg revolution that wont respond to ##lgservicemenu

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

go to the evdo tab and change all of the user info to 6619998888@vzw3g.com (replace this number with your ten digit number)

then under password make sure you put vzw.
iirc, the service menu is not available anymore. Check the software version, i believe the menu to work on zv7 and older. V8 and V9 I think the menu has been disabled.
<<I.M.famous>>

It may be a REVOLUTION,
But for right now....
ViperDNA
*** BeastMode **********
*** SuperCharged V6 ***
"I aM famous"

WackyJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Default Old phone...old thread, I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw4l View Post
What you need is to find out what software version your Rev is on. If it is V7 and down you can access the LG programming menu. This is necessary. If your on V9 you will need to download the APK to open this menu for you. I did not develop this menu nor can I post it here but you will be able to find it by googling for LG Android Data Assistant. Cricket or another flashing forum, I believe. Then you will want to open that menu, go to Data-LG check Data service in NV mode. Then Mobile Networks and choose NV from the drop down. If your account with P+ is already active, use CDMA WS to write NAM and EVDO info and a PRL. Phone must be on, connected via USB and in Internet Connection Mode. This will allow you to write to the phone and change the MDN and MIN. Change ESN on account and drop the last number of the IMEI. Test call, BAM. Talk and text working. Still no data here. Will update once I have managed it. If only I could access *#*#4636#*#*.

EDIT: Got data working (3G) Menu>Setting>Wireless & Network Settings>Mobile Networks>System Select>CDMA Only; Phone will reboot; Enter Settings again up to Mobile Networks and change global data roaming to be for all trips. Check your network type and strength then test by opening web page. 1X may be there for a moment but after the handshakes settle through the system your 3G should be active!! WOOT! 3 day project, DONE!
Yeah yeah...I KNOW that this is an old thread and old phone, but some who wish to pick up a decently cheap phone to get onto PagePlus, this is pretty good.

I've done a few of these already and it's really not all that hard.

I only came across this thread and just wanted to say that the above instructions are indeed correct and people don't need to ask anymore about this phone. Just follow the instructions that are posted above and you're good. Take care guys.

Please press the THANKS button if I or anyone has helped you out...

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 98
LG Android Data Assistant is no longer available in the Play store, and Google can't seem to find it elsewhere.
Anyone have an alternate download link?

afextwin
Old
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
LG Android Data Assistant is no longer available in the Play store, and Google can't seem to find it elsewhere.
Anyone have an alternate download link?
+1

please post if you can find or have.

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by afextwin View Post
+1

please post if you can find or have.
I couldn't find the original tool, but I did find this, maybe it will work for you?
http://lg.flashingtools.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to GnatGoSplat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

afextwin
Old
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
I couldn't find the original tool, but I did find this, maybe it will work for you?
http://lg.flashingtools.com/
i will check this tool out next time, saved to dropbox now. tyvm.

how i flashed my revo to ppc:

I was on vzB or whatever 2.3.6 firmware and I ended up downgrading the vs910 to vz7 fw and then using a donor to get all programming info. I then used lgnpst (from downgrade process) to fill everything out, qpst efs explorer to add DMU/10.key and cdma workshop to write cave and ssda/b.

one weird thing. i can't get LTE multimode to Lab mode or Store mode. phone reboots between 2 and 27% after i click write and when it comes back the option for LTE multimode is still disabled.
\
edit: unicdma may be able to write cave on this phone but i did not check

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Is there a need to worry about Cave and ssda/b? This is the first I've heard of needing to mess with that.

chuck1976
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile HOW to

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyJoe View Post
Yeah yeah...I KNOW that this is an old thread and old phone, but some who wish to pick up a decently cheap phone to get onto PagePlus, this is pretty good.

I've done a few of these already and it's really not all that hard.

I only came across this thread and just wanted to say that the above instructions are indeed correct and people don't need to ask anymore about this phone. Just follow the instructions that are posted above and you're good. Take care guys.
Can you plz tell me the steps how to get 3g on these phones.