[Q] How to restore back to stock 4.3?

Search This thread

Zenoah

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Ok so back in October i used root de la vega to get root access. Everything is going well until i accepted the OTA update mid november, which broke my root access. Now that was an epic buzzkill for me! But now on bootup i still get the custom boot logo even though root is gone. Now my phone has glitches every now and then, such as the hardware buttons stop working until i do a hard reset, my lockscreen dissapears and takes me straight to the homepage, and the phone feels a bit slower ever since. Is there a possible way to re root or atleast get stock firmware back on my sm-900a? I was wondering what would happen if i redid the entire root de la vega process with odin and everything, would it put me back to root and delete the OTA update? Or should i put up with it until KitKat comes out? Thanks guys!

Zenoah

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Not sure if this will help but while rooted i disable knox 100% and now when i go to my applications turned off list, i see all of knox's components but dont get an option to re-enable them. hope i can still revert back.

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
Not sure if this will help but while rooted i disable knox 100% and now when i go to my applications turned off list, i see all of knox's components but dont get an option to re-enable them. hope i can still revert back.

You could use "kingo" to root your firmware MJ5....I used it and on MJ5 I'm not having any issues at all..And just use "wanan" app to get rid of the padlock symbol for now...
Until we have an actual way to odin a MJ5 firmware I believe were kinda stuck at this point...But there is a "thread" that "evilpotatoman" made with some news about a restore of some kind...Im not familiar with it, or know if this helps but here's the link.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715

Last edited:

Zenoah

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
You could use "kingo" to root your firmware MJ5....I used it and on MJ5 I'm not having any issues at all..And just use "wanan" app to get rid of the padlock symbol for now...
Until we have an actual way to odin a MJ5 firmware I believe were kinda stuck at this point...But there is a "thread" that "evilpotatoman" made with some news about a restore of some kind...Im not familiar with it, or know if this helps but here's the link.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715

Im currently downloading "N900AUCUBMI9_VEGA.7z" because i heard i can use it to restore to stock somehow.....but i didnt know i could root on this ota update? ill go try that right now!

Zenoah

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Is your avatar a Rammstein pic? That's one of my favorite bands for nearly 16 years now.Seem them 4 times..:D
Hell yeah it is, i discovered them about 2 years ago and its like 90% of what i listen to now. Current songs i have are Alter Mann, Amerika, Bestrafe Mich, Buck Dich, Du hast, Engel, Feuer Frei, Haifisch, Herzeleid, Ich tu fir weh, Ich Will, Keine Lust, Klavier, Mein Herz Brennt (includes piano version), Mein land, Mein Teil, Mutter, Ohne Dich, Pu$$y, Rosenrot, Seeman, Sonne, Spiel Mit mir, Te Quiero Puta. I havent heard every song they made so if you have any that you think i might like that would be great :) I havent seen them yet, i missed their anaheim show over a year ago :(

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
Good song from thier first album "Herzeleid" song called "Du riechst so gut"

Good Albums:
"Herzeleid"
"Sonne"
"Sehnsucht"

I have every album...Sometimes you have to just sit back and listen to the whole cd and listen to each song a couple times, I've found new favorite songs that way in the past when skipping over them. Lol :)

Last edited:

Zenoah

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Good song from thier first album "Herzeleid" song called "Du riechst so gut"

Good Albums:
"Herzeleid"
"Sonne"
"Sehnsucht"

I have every album...Sometimes you have to just sit back and listen to the whole cd and listen to each song a couple times, I've found new favorite songs that way in the past when skipping over them. Lol :)

Just discovered 2 more songs, Stein um Stein, Donaukinder. Hell yeah!