5,598,779 Members 34,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need help preparing phone for repair under warranty

Tip us?

mmoalem
Old
(Last edited by mmoalem; 17th December 2013 at 12:15 AM.) Reason: forgot a detail
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default need help preparing phone for repair under warranty

hi there all - bought a second hand note2 (UK sim free)

it has an issue with motion sensors not working so i want to take it to be repaired under warranty but need help clean the phone

have no idea what was attempted before on this phone in regard to roms - it seems to have stock uk 4.1.2 N7100XXDME6
i have rooted it to backup the efs and so will need to unroot it. i have run triangleaway but flash counter is stuck on '1' - cant tell if it has stock or custom recovery - how do i tell? and if it has custom recovery how do i flash stock recovery? is it by flashing stock rom?

everytime i reset the rom to factory default from setting or recovery it still has root - once i unroot how do i clean all root files from my device?

can someone please help me with a list of what i need to do to the phone to make sure it will get through the repair centre?

booting into download mode it says;
odin mode
product name: gt-n7100
custom binary download: no
system status: official

my kernel is
3.0.31-1071214
se.infra@QBAGENT177 #'1
smp preempt
ARC S / Ultimate HD 3.0.2 / Vengence

sora9009
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoalem View Post
hi there all - bought a second hand note2 (UK sim free)

it has an issue with motion sensors not working so i want to take it to be repaired under warranty but need help clean the phone

have no idea what was attempted before on this phone in regard to roms - it seems to have stock uk 4.1.2 N7100XXDME6
i have rooted it to backup the efs and so will need to unroot it. i have run triangleaway but flash counter is stuck on '1' - cant tell if it has stock or custom recovery - how do i tell? and if it has custom recovery how do i flash stock recovery? is it by flashing stock rom?

everytime i reset the rom to factory default from setting or recovery it still has root - once i unroot how do i clean all root files from my device?

can someone please help me with a list of what i need to do to the phone to make sure it will get through the repair centre?

booting into download mode it says;
odin mode
product name: gt-n7100
custom binary download: no
system status: official

my kernel is
3.0.31-1071214
se.infra@QBAGENT177 #'1
smp preempt

you said flash counter has 1 already but your download mode seems okay..no flash counter..
so just unroot and you are good to go.
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Rom: N7100XXUEML3
Kernel: 3.0.31-2229877
Bootloader: N7100XXUEML3
Region: XME (Malaysia)

Being a noob is not an excuse to be stupid and lazy.

If you don't care about warranty, why you come here crying after you bricking your device and then asking how to claim the warranty ?

mmoalem
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sora9009 View Post
you said flash counter has 1 already but your download mode seems okay..no flash counter..
so just unroot and you are good to go.
thank you
ARC S / Ultimate HD 3.0.2 / Vengence