5,606,409 Members 33,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NO Cell Service/Data before and after unroot. Any ideas?

Tip us?

Kavourosaurus
Old
(Last edited by Kavourosaurus; 14th December 2013 at 08:14 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 [Q] NO Cell Service/Data before and after unroot. Any ideas?

After fumbling around all day I discovered that i basically lost my IMEI and its been corrupted/ set to 0. I have the number from my battery, could someone point in the right direction from here?

Recently, my rooted phone ( I was on clockworkmod recovery and stock rom) became rather volatile and would randomly reboot and get stuck in a bootloop. This lasted about a day and then the phone stabilized on its own and eventually returned to normal. Once it returned, the cell service was spotty and 4G was gone, i only had the occasional E in the top right corner.

This progressively worsened into me having no cell service, however I did not have the circle with the line through it. I had full signal bars all while this was happening.

I decided to unroot my phone and return to stock everything , hoping this would solve the issue. Still nothing.

I did a factory wipe and still nothing. Very rarely ill be able to sneak a text message or two before everything stops working again.

Anyone encounter anything like this before? I'm considering just resetting my flash counter and running over to an AT&T store pretty soon

xSharpi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If you're on 4.3 try flashing this modem here through CWM or TWRP http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=23 I had the same problem when I updated to 4.3 and after I flashed the modem I got data 100% working

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app