XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap vs cracked bootloader

Tip us?

Swimboy46163
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Safestrap vs cracked bootloader

I've got a question. What's the difference between a cracked bootloader and safestrap? I know this is a noob question, but I can't find anything on the Web about this.

Mightycaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimboy46163 View Post
I've got a question. What's the difference between a cracked bootloader and safestrap? I know this is a noob question, but I can't find anything on the Web about this.
Safestrap allows those with a locked boot loader such as me7 or mi1 to flash custom touchwiz Roms based on that firmware. There is at this time no way to flash a custom kernel which means they cannot run aosp roms. This phone doesn't have a cracked boot loader but mdk users have the Loki exploit which allows a custom recovery to be loaded, only those users can flash any custom ROM for the phone, because you can flash a custom kernel. But its not truly unlocked. Safestrap does allow yto have ROM slots so you can have a couple of Roms ready to go at all times.you just decide which you will boot to when the phone comes on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimboy46163 View Post

hmmmm, much discussion here in XDA forums concerning bootloaders and safestrap...
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94