5,595,964 Members 31,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Best Kernel To Use With Stock 4.3?

Tip us?

CaptainStormagon
Old
(Last edited by CaptainStormagon; 16th December 2013 at 03:17 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q]Best Kernel To Use With Stock 4.3?

So this is the first time I'm really customizing my phone besides when I rooted it months ago. Now, I've just installed the new touchwiz 4.3 ROM courtesy of this helpful package and I'm looking into installing a custom kernel to get the most out of my phone. Right now its just running the default kernel that was included in that package: "3.0.31 g1ac4b4a-dirty cnexus@node2-c6100.codefi.re #1"

So, I'm wondering if anybody with a bit more knowledge and experience could lend me some advice on what kernel I should seek out. I don't really need any customization, like overclocking and undervolting (because I have no idea how to fiddle with that stuff without breaking something), I just want something that is optimized to be quick and battery efficient.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainStormagon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joeyhdownsouth
Old
(Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 17th December 2013 at 05:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStormagon View Post
So this is the first time I'm really customizing my phone besides when I rooted it months ago. Now, I've just installed the new touchwiz 4.3 ROM courtesy of this helpful package and I'm looking into installing a custom kernel to get the most out of my phone. Right now its just running the default kernel that was included in that package: "3.0.31 g1ac4b4a-dirty cnexus@node2-c6100.codefi.re #1"

So, I'm wondering if anybody with a bit more knowledge and experience could lend me some advice on what kernel I should seek out. I don't really need any customization, like overclocking and undervolting (because I have no idea how to fiddle with that stuff without breaking something), I just want something that is optimized to be quick and battery efficient.
This thread will probably get locked, because their is no BEST kernel. Not all gs3s are created equal. I've learned that battery efficiency is based on a lot of different things, such as, bloatware removal, apps that run continuously, how many radios you have turned on, even how long your backlight stays on. You should allow any kernel to set in for a couple of days before judging battery life.

sent from my GS3
LG G2(Sprint)-stock for now
Motorola Moto G(unlocked)-ROM/KERNEL:Pac-Man AIO-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1481

DONATE TO ME
as of right now there is only one kernel any way. lol
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: BeastMode SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache