5,595,760 Members 37,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to go back to stock keeping mine and my wife data?

Tip us?

Riekr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Default [Q] how to go back to stock keeping mine and my wife data?

Hello all!
I know that there is plenty of threads about going back to stock but what I want to know is if there is a way to restore apps and data of a multiuser environment after the rollback and eventually which is the safest way.
Furthermore.. that's a bit ot.. I've not backed up drm keys when I installed cm10.2.. what will happen when I reinstall stock? will I only loose bravia as I've previously read?

thanks!
Phone: Nexus 5 (hammerhead) since Nov 2013 Rom: Stock Rooted 4.4.2 + ElementalX Kernel
Tablet: Xperia Tablet Z (SGP311 / pollux_windy) since Aug 2013 Rom: CM11 Nightly
Smart box: iThink (YP-2000) since Mar 2013 Rom: Stock Rooted 4.2
Previous devices: Galaxy Nexus (maguro) HTC Desire HD, Acer A1 Liquid, HTC Topaz, HTC Diamond, many other older phones.

Felimenta97
Old
Thanks Meter 2210
Theoretically, the best way to keep data would be by flashing the .ftf without any wipes, but that can cause problems, such as misbehavior and force closes (slow downs).

Another option that is more safe in that matter, however might not save all the data, is to create a CWM backup from your current setup, copy the backup files to somewhere, do a fresh install for Sony fw, then installan app called Nandroid Manager, to restore your data.

And, yes, since you didn't backup your TA partition, you won't have Bravia Engine anymore...

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Felimenta97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Riekr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97 View Post
Theoretically, the best way to keep data would be by flashing the .ftf without any wipes, but that can cause problems, such as misbehavior and force closes (slow downs).

Another option that is more safe in that matter, however might not save all the data, is to create a CWM backup from your current setup, copy the backup files to somewhere, do a fresh install for Sony fw, then installan app called Nandroid Manager, to restore your data.

And, yes, since you didn't backup your TA partition, you won't have Bravia Engine anymore...

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
thanks! will try
Phone: Nexus 5 (hammerhead) since Nov 2013 Rom: Stock Rooted 4.4.2 + ElementalX Kernel
Tablet: Xperia Tablet Z (SGP311 / pollux_windy) since Aug 2013 Rom: CM11 Nightly
Smart box: iThink (YP-2000) since Mar 2013 Rom: Stock Rooted 4.2
Previous devices: Galaxy Nexus (maguro) HTC Desire HD, Acer A1 Liquid, HTC Topaz, HTC Diamond, many other older phones.