XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Rom Performance?

Tip us?

Ruk_90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Custom Rom Performance?

Hi everybody! I own this s4 for four days now, but i can't find a custom rom with a good kernel that is faster than the stock samsung's! I think is really strange! For exaple with the stock 4.3 TW i fell the phone a lot more fluid and on antutu i have like 29k points!
On custom rom 4.3 or 4.4 with different kernels (i've tried like 4-5 roms and many kernels) the phone is more laggy and on antutu never more than 26k points!
Why? I remember my Nexus 4 that on stock was like 15k points and on custom aosp with good kernel was like 21k!!!
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!
Samsung Galaxy S4 - S4 Google Edition 4.4.2 v11 by jamal2367 - Google Kernel
Acer Liquid MT S120 2.3.6 @ 1.2Ghz - Official GB 2.3.6 - TechnoLover's Kernel 1.6Ghz

technostein
Old
Thanks Meter 164

DONATE TO ME
I recommend Goldeneye ROM, it's stable and fast

Top reliable phones I have had: HTC One. LG G2, Nexus 4, Note 2, Nokia 5800, Motorola RAZR V3X, Motorola RAZR i, Nexus 5 Had many more, but these devices were the best IMO.

Current Phone: HTC One M8

Press THANKS if i helped you, it's nice knowing when you have helped somebody out

snwman
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruk_90 View Post
Hi everybody! I own this s4 for four days now, but i can't find a custom rom with a good kernel that is faster than the stock samsung's! I think is really strange! For exaple with the stock 4.3 TW i fell the phone a lot more fluid and on antutu i have like 29k points!
On custom rom 4.3 or 4.4 with different kernels (i've tried like 4-5 roms and many kernels) the phone is more laggy and on antutu never more than 26k points!
Why? I remember my Nexus 4 that on stock was like 15k points and on custom aosp with good kernel was like 21k!!!
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!
Seriously benchmarks and day to day performance are not worth comparing.

muta873
Old
(Last edited by muta873; 17th December 2013 at 06:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I find flashing aosp roms coupled with kt kernel(with the eclipse profile its really fast but I normally use the balance reloaded profile for lower performance to preserve battery life) much faster than stock. Check out this thread for more profiles that might be to your taste and you do not have to tune the kernel yourself: KT-SGS4 [Kernel] Builds ◆ALL VARIANTS◆ [AOSP/TW/GE - 4.4/4.3/4.2] ★KTWEAKER SHOP★ Stock might have high benchmarks but when it comes to daily usage I don't find it smooth at all.

qsnc
Old
Thanks Meter 28
dont give too much about antutu benchmarks... we all know what samsung is doing with benchmarks as for general usage, i find all the custom roms running smoothly right now... cm/omni in particular