5,605,187 Members 39,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ok I'm getting mad (random reboots and sd card issues)

Tip us?

cdinoz
Old
(Last edited by cdinoz; 17th December 2013 at 04:58 AM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GitAlongLilDoggies View Post
Strange. Have you tried a different sd? Maybe the one you have has a problem.
I too am getting random reboots of the device. No SD card installed - took mine out a few days ago in an attempt to cure the issue. I am guessing that Samsung has stuffed up on the QC of these devices. Too many reports of reboots. Surely it must be a hardware problem causing the malfunction>?

Rooted mine using Root De La Vega and using P605ZSUBMJ6 rom - still getting the reboot, probably one a day.

Has happened when I tap on the screen opening Chrome, when scrolling screens (I use Apex Launcher) and has happened when I have been using the pen when scribbling notes.

Getting frustrated.

The device when being used us smooth, and fast, but these occasional reboots are driving me crazy. I bought mine as a grey import, and I just know sending it back will be a royal pain in the backside. So anything to try to resolve this would be awesome.

jonrobertd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I haven't had any reboots since I moved the programs back to device storage or any weird no read the SD card issues. My music and pics show up fine now and no more problems with apps saying not installed. I am also NOT rooted, yet.

GitAlongLilDoggies
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdinoz View Post
I too am getting random reboots of the device. No SD card installed - took mine out a few days ago in an attempt to cure the issue. I am guessing that Samsung has stuffed up on the QC of these devices. Too many reports of reboots. Surely it must be a hardware problem causing the malfunction>?

Rooted mine using Root De La Vega and using P606ZSUBMJ6 rom - still getting the reboot, probably one a day.

Has happened when I tap on the screen opening Chrome, when scrolling screens (I use Apex Launcher) and has happened when I have been using the pen when scribbling notes.

Getting frustrated.

Tye device when being used us smooth, and fast, but these occasional reboots are driving me crazy. I bought mine as a grey import, and I just know sending it back will be a royal pain in the backside. So anything to try to resolve this would be awesome.
From what I've read in the forums mk1 resolved a lot of random reboots. I've got the US 32gb wifi version with mk1 and I've never had a reboot. I've had it for about 2 weeks, I use it about 5 hours a day.
Current:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, 2014 - stock
HTC One - stock, s-off, unlocked, rooted
Previous:
Asus Transformer Infinity - TF700T, CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.1.1
HTC EVO 4G - stock, rooted, unlocked

cdinoz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GitAlongLilDoggies View Post
From what I've read in the forums mk1 resolved a lot of random reboots. I've got the US 32gb wifi version with mk1 and I've never had a reboot. I've had it for about 2 weeks, I use it about 5 hours a day.
Isn't Mk1only for the 600 at the moment? l have the 605 LTE Version. Or have you a link for the 605 ?

GitAlongLilDoggies
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdinoz View Post
Isn't Mk1only for the 600 at the moment? l have the 605 LTE Version. Or have you a link for the 605 ?
Yes, unfortunately that's the case. Hopefully Samsung will release it soon for the 605.
Current:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, 2014 - stock
HTC One - stock, s-off, unlocked, rooted
Previous:
Asus Transformer Infinity - TF700T, CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.1.1
HTC EVO 4G - stock, rooted, unlocked

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3805
Try moving all the content off the SD card to your PC. Then, use the device itself to format the card. After it's (re)formatted move all your content back to it.