XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Two Features That I Miss After Switching from TW to CM Based Rom

Tip us?

dreigle
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Two Features That I Miss After Switching from TW to CM Based Rom

It seems like the best roms now are all CM based, but I miss a couple features from my TW based roms. Mainly I miss KTweaker and being able to overclock my phone, then I really wish I could hold the back key to kill apps. Is there anything like that for CM based roms?

pcartwright81
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Back to kill is in developer options at the very bottom. Developer options must be enabled by pressing build number 7 times until it is enabled. Overclocking is kernel based and I believe Leankernel and BMS both support this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

dreigle
Old
(Last edited by dreigle; 15th December 2013 at 06:48 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I don't see back to kill in developer options. I'm still looking though. Can i change my kernel even after installing a rom?

tlrsax54
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreigle View Post
I don't see back to kill in developer options. I'm still looking though. Can i change my kernel even after installing a rom?
Yes, there are several kernels you can install, including ktoonzes which includes ktweaker...if you choose BMS, dkp, or lean kernel you can download apps to oc and etc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
LG Nexus 5

dreigle
Old
(Last edited by dreigle; 15th December 2013 at 07:45 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrsax54 View Post
Yes, there are several kernels you can install, including ktoonzes which includes ktweaker...if you choose BMS, dkp, or lean kernel you can download apps to oc and etc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Ok the only roms i ever tried that allowed you to pick a kernel were TW based so i didn't know if ktoonzes was only for TW or if anyone could use them. I'm using IllusionRom 2.6 (which is running quite smoothly. Just need to change all the blue icons in the status bar to red lol)
I've tried ktoonzes and leankernel but after flashing both my screen looks all crazy, zoomed in like 1000% and the colors are way off. Idk what i'm doing wrong. Am i not supposed to use the AOSP version with CM?

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreigle View Post
Ok the only roms i ever tried that allowed you to pick a kernel were TW based so i didn't know if ktoonzes was only for TW or if anyone could use them. I'm using IllusionRom 2.6 (which is running quite smoothly. Just need to change all the blue icons in the status bar to red lol)
I've tried ktoonzes and leankernel but after flashing both my screen looks all crazy, zoomed in like 1000% and the colors are way off. Idk what i'm doing wrong. Am i not supposed to use the AOSP version with CM?
You have to choose a kernel build from the appropriate date range; the weird color issue was a CM bug from around October 20th if I remember, and it was fixed in the next round of kernel releases. Plus, Illusion doesn't get updated all that often, so you probably need a kernel build, date-wise, that is as close as possible to the build date of your version of Illusion.

dreigle
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I just switched roms to pure bean

dreigle
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Can I use ktoonzes with that?

Soooperstar
Old