XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] no volume button bt need to root

Tip us?

yogesh0478
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] no volume button bt need to root

I have htc desire c phone. its volume buttons are not working(both buttons). I want to install a new root due to this phone is too slow and I want it to work quickly. does I install any ROM with computer bt my volume buttons are not working ?????

me4488
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh0478 View Post
I have htc desire c phone. its volume buttons are not working(both buttons). I want to install a new root due to this phone is too slow and I want it to work quickly. does I install any ROM with computer bt my volume buttons are not working ?????
You can't. You need all your buttons functioning.
Before you do anything to your device, please read this topic so you get started on things.

Devices:
- Google Nexus 5
Kernel: Zeta-Chromium
ROM: Beanstalk 4.4+

- HTC Desire C
Kernel: N.O.P.E. V2.6 - 850 MHz
ROM: Stock CM10

My work:
NOPE-Kernel V2 For CM10

If you need to speak to me urgently or ask me any questions, please do so on My Facebook.

warrior1208
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh0478 View Post
I recommend you should change your volume rocker buttons before doing anything...my friend had this problem on his previous desire c(now he has nexus 4) and he used a toothpick to press the inside buttons of the plastic...
You MAY try this method at your own risk...
But after you have rooted, you can always get a touch based recovery so you dont have to use volume rockers then!