5,599,539 Members 40,302 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you think Android Rooted can do anything for you?
YES 0 0%
NO 0 0%
MAYBE 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] LegacyCarbon 4.4 \\ 18.11.2013 for MT4G

Tip us?

cat139lyleb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] LegacyCarbon 4.4 \\ 18.11.2013 for MT4G

I did installed ROM for my phone... very cool!!! I love it but one problem is the weird browser, you cannot see anything on it... it's "black screen on websites" you cannot sign in google without bypass the account asking you to sign in but impossible for me to see, I did installed the firefox and it work fine but the default browser not work at all and I can't get in my account without it for Gmail, play store, etc... you know I mean?

I hope anyone can fix it for that: bugs found in
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LegacyCarbon 4.4 \\ 18.11.2013 \\ Built From Source

THANKS!!!!

MyTouch 4G

cat139lyleb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat139lyleb View Post
I did installed ROM for my phone... very cool!!! I love it but one problem is the weird browser, you cannot see anything on it... it's "black screen on websites" you cannot sign in google without bypass the account asking you to sign in but impossible for me to see, I did installed the firefox and it work fine but the default browser not work at all and I can't get in my account without it for Gmail, play store, etc... you know I mean?

THANKS!!!!

MyTouch 4G
I totally forgot to tell ya, I already did reformat and reinstalled the ROM and still same problem... any idea how to fix that stupid "weird browser" that I cannot see anything on that webpage... also I already try others websites and same as google.com so... what I do?

cat139lyleb
Old
(Last edited by cat139lyleb; 12th December 2013 at 01:52 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I totally forgot to tell ya, I already did reformat and reinstalled the ROM and still same problem... any idea how to fix that stupid "weird browser" that I cannot see anything on that webpage... also I already try others websites and same as google.com so... what I do?
UPDATE: "Band-aid" ---> I did tested, very weird but work for now but you have to turn off the "2-step verification" to make it work without get into that stupid black webpage and you can get in your own account. <--- "Band-aid" for now... But we know we do not like to turn off the "2-step verification"... so somehow I need to know how to replace that browser with push in the ADB???

UPDATE: I have been trying replaced the browser.apk to newly updated browser.apk in /system/app and it's work but still having problem with "black website" but when I started to check google... and I saw some of numbers and snows on that page but still black on the page...

UPDATE: I having been not able to fix it also I found out very weird is when you get in Gmail (apps) and you'll notice that some area is black too... I think it's run with that browser... That made me feel sad and feel like new ROM isn't worth to me... But I'll try my best to stay with it

cat139lyleb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation UPDATE

Quote:

UPDATE: "Band-aid" ---> I did tested, very weird but work for now but you have to turn off the "2-step verification" to make it work without get into that stupid black webpage and you can get in your own account. <--- "Band-aid" for now... But we know we do not like to turn off the "2-step verification"... so somehow I need to know how to replace that browser with push in the ADB???

UPDATE: I have been trying replaced the browser.apk to newly updated browser.apk in /system/app and it's work but still having problem with "black website" but when I started to check google... and I saw some of numbers and snows on that page but still black on the page...

UPDATE: I having been not able to fix it also I found out very weird is when you get in Gmail (apps) and you'll notice that some area is black too... I think it's run with that browser... That made me feel sad and feel like new ROM isn't worth to me... But I'll try my best to stay with it

I think it's failing to having full work... Almost it is 5% but that browser need to be fix ASAP...

Fantassy123
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:

THANKS!!!!

MyTouch 4G
Almost all 4.4 Custom roms of older devices has Black boxes problems, this bug is a breakage in the new chromium based webkit and is in any app that makes use of it. The chrome browser works fine as a replacement. You need to modify the rom to fix this but i don't recommend this, you should wait till the developer fix it.
Current phone : LG Google Nexus 5
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not Rooted)

Still own : HTC Desire HD,LG Google Nexus 4
Rom : Taktik 4.4.2 R1,Calkulin's Nexus 4 v1.5 (4.4.2)

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not rooted)

Previous Device´s :
Samsung galaxy nexus
Samsung galaxy note II
Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 (Gave to my father)
Samsung galaxy S3 (Gave to my girlfriend )
Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

Click on Thanks if you appreciate my reply

cat139lyleb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantassy123 View Post
Almost all 4.4 Custom roms of older devices has Black boxes problems, this bug is a breakage in the new chromium based webkit and is in any app that makes use of it. The chrome browser works fine as a replacement. You need to modify the rom to fix this but i don't recommend this, you should wait till the developer fix it.
Then please let developer know what going on... Since forum not allow me to saying something on his page because of the rule for newly members... Also did you read latest posts this morning?

cat139lyleb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Still having bugs

Quote:
Then please let developer know what going on... Since forum not allow me to saying something on his page because of the rule for newly members... Also did you read latest posts this morning?
UPDATE:

I already replaced the default browser with newly updated browser, manually install by push ADB... but same as before Also I find out that other more than just one bug but weird when I turn on the Tethering & portable hotspot, I did tested by my laptop and tablet, it's said connected but no internet... I already checked on my phone said it's on internet and supposed to be work... "E" or "3G" or "H" on my phone but mostly time on "H" at full bars still no internet on Tethering & portable hotspot but itself phone can access internet with firefox... it's work fine... but still having bugs...