XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AOSP!

Tip us?

ShaPrince
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default AOSP!

Are we going to be getting any AOSP love any time soon. Touchwiz is killing me!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Carrier: T-Mobile
Phone: GN2 SGH-T889
ROM: PAC-Man Rom 4.3.Build-1
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: T889UVBMD1
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
Launcher: Buzz Launcher
P.E.A.C.E.

It Wouldn't Hurt To Hit Thanks

idtheftvictim
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaPrince View Post
Are we going to be getting any AOSP love any time soon. Touchwiz is killing me!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HAHAHAHHAHA - I know what you are saying. I keep checking like every couple hours to see if ANYTHING has been posted about AOSP.

I know we bought these phones WITH touchjizz on them, but I for one thought for SURE we would have CM or something by now, and NEVER thought that I would be stuck with TW...

Warrior1975
Old
Thanks Meter 1307
You guys really hate TW that much? It's definitely grown on me over the years. I'm actually happy with it now, especially with this phone. I just hate all the bloat.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Galaxy Note 2-Tweaked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior1975 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidkevlar
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Funny how people complain about a phone's stock UI, when they knew buying it, it came with it. I personally dont like TW, but I have removed most of it myself. Using custom launcher, Xposed and pretty soon I will load my own phone/contacts themed and TW is pretty much gone.

Its pretty simple to do all this yourself, even if you have 0 experience in doing so. As long as you can read and follow instructions, you will be fine.
Phone: S-Off HTC M8 (Gun metal)
Accessory: Google Glass 2nd Gen
The Following User Says Thank You to droidkevlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idtheftvictim
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1975 View Post
You guys really hate TW that much? It's definitely grown on me over the years. I'm actually happy with it now, especially with this phone. I just hate all the bloat.

YES! I really only bought this phone for the specs....

I have owned MANY Samsung phones in the past, and have ALWAYS used AOSP roms instead.

I know I bought this phone with TW on it, but since most Samsung phones get so much DEV support, I figured it wouldn't take long before we have CM....but it has taken longer then I thought it would.

Warrior1975
Old
Thanks Meter 1307
Me too, I love Sammy phones and I used to not care much for their software. I did run some CM stuff on my N2, buy went back to TW as it was more stable and with the spen, I preferred to have TW software. I do like the theming options much better on CM, and of course the smaller ROMs.

I just think that in terms of usability, TW finally surpassed CM on the Note 2. Other than a quicker boot up and some more free space, TW was superior in my humble opinion.

I won't even flash CM out of curiosity on this phone. I don't feel like I'm missing anything, not to mention, I find the N3 to be a lot more temperamental than any other phone I've owned, so I'd imagine CM would only increase issues.

Just my .02.

Galaxy Note 2-Tweaked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior1975 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nighthawk626
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Keywords: light ROM, theme engine. I can make my phone look like whatever I please whenever I please. Granted most launchers come with themes but doesn't theme your whole phone. Roms really light makes phone run smoother, snappier, allows for more space for apps and stuff. Just my .02
The Following User Says Thank You to nighthawk626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deeznutz1977
Old
Thanks Meter 2354
April 26th

There was a riot on the streets. Tell me where were you,

sent from my 🇹🇼🇪🇦🇰🇪🇩 note 3👍
The Following User Says Thank You to deeznutz1977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rlee008
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:

Quote:
Me too, I love Sammy phones and I used to not care much for their software. I did run some CM stuff on my N2, buy went back to TW as it was more stable and with the spen, I preferred to have TW software. I do like the theming options much better on CM, and of course the smaller ROMs.

I just think that in terms of usability, TW finally surpassed CM on the Note 2. Other than a quicker boot up and some more free space, TW was superior in my humble opinion.

I won't even flash CM out of curiosity on this phone. I don't feel like I'm missing anything, not to mention, I find the N3 to be a lot more temperamental than any other phone I've owned, so I'd imagine CM would only increase issues.

Just my .02.

+1

yup, i agree. CM & AOSP are awesome. ive flashed them on all my devices, but we loose alot of functionality by doing so. TW has grown on me quite a bit
" Dee Dee Dee, Here's your sign!"

Current Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T
Current ROM: Stock/ROOTED
Backup ROM: None
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock B/L
Case(s): UAG Navigator (White) & UAG Outland (Orange) Highly recommended cases!
The Following User Says Thank You to rlee008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 511
Agreed, aosp/cm on any other phone is a must(really hate HTC sense, even more than tw) but you lose so much of what makes the note 3 unique when you flash aosp/cm on it. For some that's no big deal but for the rest of us that know how to debloat tw roms and set it up so it basically looks like aosp anyways, we're losing more than gaining anything. Especially since cm always has bugs that need to be worked out, when tw just work right from the start.

Like I said.. Every other phone I had that wasn't a note I longed to have aosp on it instant, now that I have one of the best phones (if not the best lol) I feel no urge at all to try aosp. For those that do that's cool too, with this phones specs and screen real estate it's like having your own super friggisweet Nexus device, with longer update processes.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold