5,605,311 Members 38,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I think I destroyed my stock recovery.....

Tip us?

ickray
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question I think I destroyed my stock recovery.....

I rooted my MJ7 s4 and everything was fine, until I got bored and wanted to flash a ROM. I stupidly didn't read up about MJ7 not being able to run custom roms and now I can't update to the new OTA update that just came out recently due to the "downloading target" screen. I've read up on ODIN and how to use it, and was told that there is a stock file I can flash using ODIN that will reset my stock recovery and make it able to update using the OTA update. I can't seem to find it and found different people posting different things, so I'm wondering if this file is out there can someone please link me to this, so I can get this update and get my phone back to stock before I screwed up the recovery thank you!

Mtsprite
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickray View Post
I rooted my MJ7 s4 and everything was fine, until I got bored and wanted to flash a ROM. I stupidly didn't read up about MJ7 not being able to run custom roms and now I can't update to the new OTA update that just came out recently due to the "downloading target" screen. I've read up on ODIN and how to use it, and was told that there is a stock file I can flash using ODIN that will reset my stock recovery and make it able to update using the OTA update. I can't seem to find it and found different people posting different things, so I'm wondering if this file is out there can someone please link me to this, so I can get this update and get my phone back to stock before I screwed up the recovery thank you!
you can find the file here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507253
Phone: Galaxy S3
Android Version: 4.4.2
Recovery: Philz Touch CWM
Current ROM: Liquid Smooth 3.0
Kernel: KT747
Baseband: ML1

ickray
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtsprite View Post
Thank you! Downloading now and fingers crossed it works !

ickray
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It worked flawlessly! Anyone else in my predicament download the link he posted above and follow the directions!