XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help flashing kernel

Tip us?

mindjellyx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] need help flashing kernel

hi everyone as yoy ca to flash n see im a total amature i wanted to know how [KERNEL][Multi-Variant][12/14/13] PAEK v3.5 Alpha on my sprint g2
i still have the stock rom and twrp recovery i have never done it before i also wanted to know the benefits of this kernel thanks

Makrilli
Old
Thanks Meter 141
You'll end up bootlooping if you don't flash paranoid android 4.0 before the kernel.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2 D802 running PA and Custom G2 kernel
Sold:Samsung Galaxy S III Running Temasek unofficial cm10.2 and Googy_max Kernel
Asus Transformer Prime - Running Paranoid Android with data2SD
Sold:Samsung Galaxy Nexus Running Paranoid android and ASKP kernel
Gave to gf:Samsung Samsung Galaxy S II - Running cm10.1 With Dorimanx kernel<3
Sold:Galaxy Note - was running cm10.1
Old:Zte blade, it's over 3 years old but still running cm10.1

xxxrichievxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindjellyx View Post
hi everyone as yoy ca to flash n see im a total amature i wanted to know how [KERNEL][Multi-Variant][12/14/13] PAEK v3.5 Alpha on my sprint g2
i still have the stock rom and twrp recovery i have never done it before i also wanted to know the benefits of this kernel thanks
In the description it says "CM & PA Roms only!" stock is not considered CM or PA.. You have to flash a CM or PA ROM in order for the kernel to work. Like the other user above said, You will end up in a bootloop and you'll never get your phone to boot up with that kernel on stock. Flash either a Cyanogen Mod (CM) or Paranoid Android (PA) ROM first and then you can use that kernel.