5,597,871 Members 38,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N8010 4.0.4 / How to disable firmware update? It's driving me insane..

Tip us?

DrLamok
Old
(Last edited by DrLamok; 11th December 2013 at 09:47 PM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Sign [Q] N8010 4.0.4 / How to disable firmware update? It's driving me insane..

Updated to JB back in January and since then I was very disappointed with decreased performance and lag.. even factory reset did not help...
So I have made decision to flash back to ICS 4.0.4.. Everything went fine and my Note is like new The only problem is that it auto downloaded JB update again and it's nagging me every couple of hours to upgrade (which I obviously don't want to do).

ICS doesn't seem to have option in settings to disable updates.. Or at least I am not able to find it...
Could somebody hint me how can I delete downloaded JB firmware update and stop Note from downloading it again?

Thanks
DrLamok

ps: I was trying to find similar topic here on the forum but failed to find solution.

hgbutte100
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLamok View Post
Updated to JB back in January and since then I was very disappointed with decreased performance and lag.. even factory reset did not help...
So I have made decision to flash back to ICS 4.0.4.. Everything went fine and my Note is like new The only problem is that it auto downloaded JB update again and it's nagging me every couple of hours to upgrade (which I obviously don't want to do).

ICS doesn't seem to have option in settings to disable updates.. Or at least I am not able to find it...
Could somebody hint me how can I delete downloaded JB firmware update and stop Note from downloading it again?

Thanks
DrLamok

ps: I was trying to find similar topic here on the forum but failed to find solution.
I don't know if this will work but if you just root your tab, samsung update will see it's modified and you never get updates again.

If you later wanna do updates just use odin.

Hope that helps...