5,597,501 Members 31,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Succesful downgrade from mk2 to mj7!!!

Tip us?

todd92578
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Succesful downgrade from mk2 to mj7!!!

My Samsung galaxy S4 i545 verizon was rooted on mj7. I Odin back to factory with the mj7 odin file.then took the mk2 O.T.A. update.. Then I downgraded back to mj7 using odin.. I've been searching forums all day on this few people already know about this, why isnt this big news? Is this a possibility to get a custom recovery on mj7 or mk2?
The Following User Says Thank You to todd92578 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1240

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd92578 View Post
My Samsung galaxy S4 i545 verizon was rooted on mj7. I Odin back to factory with the mj7 odin file.then took the mk2 O.T.A. update.. Then I downgraded back to mj7 using odin.. I've been searching forums all day on this few people already know about this, why isnt this big news? Is this a possibility to get a custom recovery on mj7 or mk2?
No, it's not big news. MK2 isn't a major update and doesn't change the kernel or the bootchain, so it's possible to downgrade to MJ7 from MK2. No, no possiblity of a custom recovery. Santa's not that generous, unfortunately.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to k1mu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

todd92578
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
No, it's not big news. MK2 isn't a major update and doesn't change the kernel or the bootchain, so it's possible to downgrade to MJ7 from MK2. No, no possiblity of a custom recovery. Santa's not that generous, unfortunately.
Darn it very sad indeed looks like santa isnt coming this christmas for alot of people including myself.. thanks for the quick feedback sir..

Skeetch79
Old
Thanks Meter 112
**DELETED**
The Following User Says Thank You to Skeetch79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd92578 View Post
Darn it very sad indeed looks like santa isnt coming this christmas for alot of people including myself.. thanks for the quick feedback sir..
hashcode is working on safestrap for MJ7/MDK2 (andriod 4.3) users. Its in prelim testing right now
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

todd92578
Old
(Last edited by todd92578; 17th December 2013 at 10:05 PM.) Reason: punctuation
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
hashcode is working on safestrap for MJ7/MDK2 (andriod 4.3) users. Its in prelim testing right now
Odin'd back to mj7 tried safestrap last night and got no splash screen. I'll just wait till its in alpha or in a more stable stage then give it another go. I Appreciate the suggestion and help