XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can you flash...

Tip us?

ThomasZRedFox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can you flash...

Hey all. I was reading about the stock Google edition RUU 4.4 that's posted here. However, the directions say to manually install via fastboot. I tried with TWRP instead because I am having trouble with the command prompt but when I try to install the RUU via twrp it immediately says failed. Is there a way to do it via twrp? Thank you all

mitchst2
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Just follow the instructions. If there was an easier way it would have been posted.

Sent from my HTC O'ne-xus

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Take a hint and don't do it.

CharliesTheMan
Old
(Last edited by CharliesTheMan; 19th December 2013 at 04:32 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2473

DONATE TO ME
I know it can be frustrated, but that's one of those things where you REALLY need fastboot setup and working before installing the Rom. If something weird happens where you're in a bootloop or something, you need access to working fastboot. If you can't get it working I'll help you get it figured out.

But tell us exactly what's not working and we can probably help.

One tip is if you're using Windows 7, open the command prompt by holding shift while right clicking in the blank white folder space where your fastboot.exe file is located on the computer.

Shift + Right Click will pop up a menu where you choose "Open Command Window Here"

That puts you right to the step of typing the command, because cd (change directory to path of fastboot file) isn't needed since you started in the correct folder.

When you run the command, like "fastboot devices" as a test, take a screenshot of the cmd window after you run it so we can see exactly what it's doing and advise from there.

If you're own Windows 8 you'll need to disable driver signing, which I find the steps for by googling "Windows 8 how to disable driver signing"

Also if there's USB 2.0 ports on your computer use them instead of 3.0. And the main USB port usually works best, such as on the back of a motherboard instead of the front case in a desktop tower.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Help CharliesTheMan out by signing up for Copy with this link https://copy.com?r=lK6L1Y