5,597,937 Members 39,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Gear with GPE S4 4.4?

Tip us?

mpcookson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Gear with GPE S4 4.4?

Has anyone used a Galaxy Gear with their Google Play Edition S4 running 4.4? I'm interested in getting one, but I can't find the Gear app in the Play Store (I only found "Samsung GALAXY NFC Tagwriter") and I've not been able to find anything that tells me one way or the other if it will work with the Google Play Edition of the S4. Looks too iffy to drop $300 without a better chance of success.

Thanks!

mpcookson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcookson View Post
Has anyone used a Galaxy Gear with their Google Play Edition S4 running 4.4? I'm interested in getting one, but I can't find the Gear app in the Play Store (I only found "Samsung GALAXY NFC Tagwriter") and I've not been able to find anything that tells me one way or the other if it will work with the Google Play Edition of the S4. Looks too iffy to drop $300 without a better chance of success.
I downloaded the manual for the Gear and it says:

Quote:
The Charging Cradle contains an embedded TecTile that is used in conjunction with your smartphone’s NFC technology to both acquire the Gear Manager application and aid in automatically pairing the two devices.
So I guess that explains why I can't find the app in the Play Store. It would still be nice to know if anyone with a GPE S4 has been able to use the Gear with success or not.

Thanks!

NZ_Nitro
Old
Thanks Meter 29
yes its very frustrating, the Gear uses "gear Manager" which is a Samsung App from their store.

you can install the Gear stubb and the gear manager manually but there is things not working correctly like notifications, I have been searching for weeks for a solution, Devs are you able to include it as part of your Roms?

toastido
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
There is a thread about this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2529113

[Q] i9505g with Galaxy Gear?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk