5,597,542 Members 31,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to change keybindings on keyboard dock?

Tip us?

Tunameltsalad
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default How to change keybindings on keyboard dock?

I just picked up the dock yesterday and all I can say is WOW. I cant believe I was on the fence for so long before purchasing it. Anyway, I have noticed that some keys don't work (brightness control, camera, bluetooth), which I am guessing is a software issue due to having a custom ROM. What I am curious about is if there is any way to set custom key bindings, whether it be an app, or some kind of firmware I need to install in TWRP. I am mostly looking for a way to wake up my tablet by pressing a key on the keyboard rather than pressing the power button every time. I have tried searching, but I didn't turn up anything, so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunameltsalad View Post
I just picked up the dock yesterday and all I can say is WOW. I cant believe I was on the fence for so long before purchasing it. Anyway, I have noticed that some keys don't work (brightness control, camera, bluetooth), which I am guessing is a software issue due to having a custom ROM. What I am curious about is if there is any way to set custom key bindings, whether it be an app, or some kind of firmware I need to install in TWRP. I am mostly looking for a way to wake up my tablet by pressing a key on the keyboard rather than pressing the power button every time. I have tried searching, but I didn't turn up anything, so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

I know for a fact that the dock works fine on CM11, which is what I am on. You could install that for your ROM.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tunameltsalad
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ok, I think I'll finally give kitkat a try on my tablet (used CM11 on my SGS3 and it wasn't very stable). It's a lazy day today anyway....project time!

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Ok, I think I'll finally give kitkat a try on my tablet (used CM11 on my SGS3 and it wasn't very stable). It's a lazy day today anyway....project time!

CM11 on tf300t is super fast, smooth, and stable. You can follow my steps here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!

Tunameltsalad
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
CM11 on tf300t is super fast, smooth, and stable. You can follow my steps here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7
I need to update TWRP. I am currently on 2.4.4.0 because 2.5.0.0 wouldnt install correctly (displayed split screen, touch was unusable). I have bootloader 10.6.1.8 and TWRP would only work on 2.4.4.0. Can I update TWRP to the newest (2.6.something) without bricking my device? Otherwise, how would I upgrade my bootloader? Im searching, I really am.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
I need to update TWRP. I am currently on 2.4.4.0 because 2.5.0.0 wouldnt install correctly (displayed split screen, touch was unusable). I have bootloader 10.6.1.8 and TWRP would only work on 2.4.4.0. Can I update TWRP to the newest (2.6.something) without bricking my device? Otherwise, how would I upgrade my bootloader? Im searching, I really am.
Yes it should work, but can you tell me the file name of the TWRP 2.5.x.x you installed to make sure?
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Tunameltsalad
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
Yes it should work, but can you tell me the file name of the TWRP 2.5.x.x you installed to make sure?
"openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob" was the file that I initially tried to flash, which didn't work. I then installed "openrecovery-twrp-2.4.4.0-tf300t-4.2.blob", (both of which were from techerrata) that I am currently using.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
"openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tf300t-4.2.blob" was the file that I initially tried to flash, which didn't work. I then installed "openrecovery-twrp-2.4.4.0-tf300t-4.2.blob", (both of which were from techerrata) that I am currently using.
Thats weird, because they both are compatible. Make sure you don't have any other TWRP blobs lying around with the same name on your tablet or fastboot folder. Scanno's TWRP is only compatible with the 4.2 bootloader and check the md5sum before flashing.
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)