XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why camera is not working after flashing a rom

Tip us?

Small_Bear
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Why camera is not working after flashing a rom

Hello, i need a little explanation of why the camera app is not working after flashing a rom like CM 10.1 to my dinc.. Even if i installed another camera app from the play store it wont work. Even the vedio camera is not working. Even the gallery is not working. But in my stock Sense rom it worked fine. Is there a way where i can use the Camera app of the stock Sense rom and use it in my new CM 10.1 rom.. WIl it work ?

gyro_platter
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Most 10+ Roms have notes that cameras may not work and to use Camera ICS
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ameraics&hl=en

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
yeah its because people dont know htcs camera drivers because they wont release them so like he said Cyanogenmod 10 and up you want to use a different camera or stick to stock if the camera is essential, you can try a sense rom.
"A man chooses, a slave obeys." - Andrew Ryan

Samsung Galaxy S2
Rom: Cyanogenmod 10.2 (4.3.1)

Rom: Cyanogemod 10.1.3 (4.2.2)
Asus Nexus 7
Rom: Stock (4.4.2) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations on amazon?
Chromecast
Rom: Stock

BelmontAl
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Another vote for ICS Camera. I was running Tiny's CM10.1 and ICS camera worked.

Good luck.

musical_chairs
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_Bear View Post
Hello, i need a little explanation of why the camera app is not working after flashing a rom like CM 10.1 to my dinc.. Even if i installed another camera app from the play store it wont work. Even the vedio camera is not working. Even the gallery is not working. But in my stock Sense rom it worked fine. Is there a way where i can use the Camera app of the stock Sense rom and use it in my new CM 10.1 rom.. WIl it work ?
No, the stock sense camera won't work on anything other than sense. Video camera has been mostly broken on all ROMs ICS and newer, due to driver issues mentioned above. The camera should work on the most recent versions of CM10.1, 10.2, etc., though camera preview may be glitchy especially when rotating. If video recording is important, you're going to have to stick with a sense-based ROM or CM7.2 or older.