5,597,261 Members 40,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

safestrap

Tip us?
 
kcmccombs
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default safestrap

I am trying to install safestrap 3.65 and I get error there is a problem parsing the package. my note 3 is rooted with kingo and my build is MJE can anyone help
 
hctimin
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 176
Join Date: Jan 2011
Did you give Safestrap Super User permission?

I click on the .apk and it installed right away.
 
Harleydroid
Old
#3  
Harleydroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 324
Posts: 950
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Fort
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmccombs View Post
I am trying to install safestrap 3.65 and I get error there is a problem parsing the package. my note 3 is rooted with kingo and my build is MJE can anyone help
Delete the first one and try to download it again. Possibly a bad download. Be sure to check unknown applications in security then try and install the apk again. Then install recovery and reboot.
 
kcmccombs
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default safestrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by hctimin View Post
Did you give Safestrap Super User permission?

I click on the .apk and it installed right away.

super user never comes up to ask for grant the only time I have seen it come up was after the restart when kingo was finished.
 
akellar
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1715
Posts: 2,525
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa
Install it from within a file manager. It won't install from the download screen.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
 
Harleydroid
Old
#6  
Harleydroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 324
Posts: 950
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Fort
Download root check to assure you got root. Or go to the play store and download the current supersu.
 
kcmccombs
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default safestrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydroid View Post
Delete the first one and try to download it again. Possibly a bad download. Be sure to check unknown applications in security then try and install the apk again. Then install recovery and reboot.
I have tried this and still the same
 
kcmccombs
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default safestrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar View Post
Install it from within a file manager. It won't install from the download screen.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
I have been trying to install ES file explore
 
Harleydroid
Old
#9  
Harleydroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 324
Posts: 950
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Fort
Did you do what Akellar says 2 posts up?
 
kcmccombs
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default safestrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydroid View Post
Download root check to assure you got root. Or go to the play store and download the current supersu.
I downloaded root checker and it said I was rooted

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes