XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues Flashing Back to Stock/Unroot w/Odin

Tip us?

SoFaKiNgStOkeD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Question Issues Flashing Back to Stock/Unroot w/Odin

So I am no noob, but I am to this device. I am trying to use Odin to flash back to bone stock (unrooted) and am having some weird issues I have never incurred before. When I flash the stock tar file (got from QBKing77's website) it continually fails no matter what cable, USB port, battery tricks, everything! And yes I have searched the threads but found nothing like my issue exactly.

Here's what I've done thus far:

* 12/14 Bought device at Best Buy Mobile
* 12/14 Rooted using Odin, flashed TWRP Recovery using Odin
* 12/14 Flashed Cyanogen Mod 10.2 (stable build)
* 12/16 Flashed S4 Premium Rom 4.2.2

* 12/17 Attempted to Odin back to stock **FAIL**

What is going on here? If anyone has any info or insight please let me know. Odin has never failed me before.

Thanks everyone.

Current Device:

Sprint GS4 16GB/64GB Class 10 SD Card
Rooted on GS4 Premium ROM v1.0

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFaKiNgStOkeD View Post
So I am no noob, but I am to this device. I am trying to use Odin to flash back to bone stock (unrooted) and am having some weird issues I have never incurred before. When I flash the stock tar file (got from QBKing77's website) it continually fails no matter what cable, USB port, battery tricks, everything! And yes I have searched the threads but found nothing like my issue exactly.

What is going on here? If anyone has any info or insight please let me know. Odin has never failed me before.

Thanks everyone.
I hear ya... Here is a link for some stock roms..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42044738

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...

ROMANTiC KiD
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFaKiNgStOkeD View Post

Thanks everyone.
Could be the fact that your on 4.3 bootloader. You either have to odin mja tar file or mk2 tar file.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

jejb
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Tell us what release your phone is on and what stock rom you were trying to load.
Samsung S4 (9505), Samsung S3, HTC Evo 4G LTE, HTC Evo 4G, HTC TouchPro 2, HTC 6700 (all Sprint)

SoFaKiNgStOkeD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jejb View Post
Tell us what release your phone is on and what stock rom you were trying to load.
I am on baseband version L720VPUEMJA. I hope that's what you are asking. Again, I am new to this device, sorry.

The Stock ROM I am trying to Odin to is L720/L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_SPR (exact tar file on QBKing's website)

I am currently on the S4 Premuim v1.0 ROM 4.2.2.

I want to get back to stock because I may need to return this phone due to some cosmetic issues I am having.

I want to thank you all for helping me, you are all super helpful and cool. I am looking forward to sharing in the coolness of the S4!

Current Device:

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 181
That is the reason it keeps failing..Cant go back to older builds.. You're going to need to flash a stock MJA or MK2 build..

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...
The Following User Says Thank You to BIGSAMDA1ST For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SoFaKiNgStOkeD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSAMDA1ST View Post
That is the reason it keeps failing..Cant go back to older builds.. You're going to need to flash a stock MJA or MK2 build..

Okay makes sense. So when I find one of those builds, will they be tar files for Odin, and when I do flash it will it unroot and bring my phone completely back to stock with no signs of tampering? BTW, I already used Traingle Away to reset the flash counter. I'm not sure if that even means anything on these devices, but I did it anyway, and it worked great.

THANKS AGAIN BROTHER!!! You are awesome!

Current Device:

The Following User Says Thank You to SoFaKiNgStOkeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
(Last edited by BIGSAMDA1ST; 17th December 2013 at 11:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 181
Yes sir that is correct,tar files for Odin...Now, you said that there weren't any signs of tampering. Did you check in download mode? If you did truly have MJA installed then you should see something like Knox Warranty Void 0x1...Also if your planning on returning the phone then why not just flash the official MK2 from Sammobile:

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?i...axy_S_4_Sprint

The Following User Says Thank You to BIGSAMDA1ST For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SoFaKiNgStOkeD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:

Quote:
Yes sir that is correct,tar files for Odin...Now, you said that there weren't any signs of tampering. Did you check in download mode? If you did truly have MJA installed then you should see something like Knox Warranty Void 0x1...Also if your planning on returning the phone then why not just flash the official MK2 from Sammobile:

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?i...axy_S_4_Sprint

Yes it does say Knox Warranty void. Are they really going to see that at a BestBuy Mobile Store though? Thanks again

Current Device:

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 181
To be honest I dont know if they'd even check.. But im not 100% sure... It's Samsung that would give you a hard time..