5,604,122 Members 49,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked phone due to recent OTA, any way to recover data?

Tip us?
 
AndroM31
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default [Q] Bricked phone due to recent OTA, any way to recover data?

I've looked around this forum first to see if there's a question and scenario similar to mine but none fit the bill entirely. So here it goes.

My DNA has the most recent update from VW in regards to the new HTC Sense program. Every single step of the installation process went smoothly, except now when my phone went to reboot itself, it is stuck at the "HTC - quietly brilliant" screen with no intention of moving forward. I have tried doing a reset where I held the Vol. Down + Power button for 15 seconds, and that method didn't boot it into any other process except being stuck at the HTC screen mentioned earlier.

Now here's where my problem is. I already contacted VW about this issue and they are sending me a replacement phone (Droid DNA) and should be at my doorstep soon. Is there ANY way to recover my Internal SD card data even though my phone is "bricked" at the moment? (Contacts, Pictures, Text Messages...those three things only)
 
grimmkt
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroM31 View Post
I've looked around this forum first to see if there's a question and scenario similar to mine but none fit the bill entirely. So here it goes.

My DNA has the most recent update from VW in regards to the new HTC Sense program. Every single step of the installation process went smoothly, except now when my phone went to reboot itself, it is stuck at the "HTC - quietly brilliant" screen with no intention of moving forward. I have tried doing a reset where I held the Vol. Down + Power button for 15 seconds, and that method didn't boot it into any other process except being stuck at the HTC screen mentioned earlier.

Now here's where my problem is. I already contacted VW about this issue and they are sending me a replacement phone (Droid DNA) and should be at my doorstep soon. Is there ANY way to recover my Internal SD card data even though my phone is "bricked" at the moment? (Contacts, Pictures, Text Messages...those three things only)
The exact same thing happened to me. VZ told me the only way to fix the problem was to do a hard factory reset...but that wipes all that same stuff too. They didn't even offer to send me a replacement. I reactivated my Incredible until I find some way to get that stuff back.
 
AndroM31
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmkt View Post
The exact same thing happened to me. VZ told me the only way to fix the problem was to do a hard factory reset...but that wipes all that same stuff too. They didn't even offer to send me a replacement. I reactivated my Incredible until I find some way to get that stuff back.
Ahhhh bugger, so that's how it is...now I'm hoping my contact list was synced lol. Thanks for the tip.
 
cenobite138
Old
#4  
cenobite138's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 152
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroM31 View Post
Ahhhh bugger, so that's how it is...now I'm hoping my contact list was synced lol. Thanks for the tip.
Have you tried connecting via adb?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes