[Q] I bricked my alcatel one touch fierce :( !

Search This thread

Bookg

Nov 20, 2013
So i tried tweaking up my build.prop but once i rebooted , it was stuck on the tmbobile screen. I went into the stock recovery and wiped thje whole thing but it nstill wont boot. cwm isnt available for this phone so thats an issue. My only hope was adb sideload. when i try pulling/pushing the build.prop i get error:closed or something about syntax error. I have the update.zip and the backup build.prop but i cant fix. And obviously it was rooted so i cant return it. Is there any software that can fix it ? anything ? thanks:laugh:

Reactions: hellgood

dvkrane

Dec 26, 2012
Similar problem

I'm experiencing a soft-brick as well, however mine is for trying to replace Roboto-Bold. I've tried sideloading an update.zip to replace the changed fonts but it keeps telling me installation aborted. Is there a Stock Factory Image for the OT Fierce anywhere online?

n3rdy13

Oct 31, 2013
Bricked mine too trying to install a new recovery. I made a backup before hand but can't flash it because the phone constantly reboots. When I try to enter recovery using the hardware keys I get an option for normal or recovery boot and then the phone begins the reboot loop again. Any Ideas?

xondrax

Hi Bookg,where You find the update.zip?I am looking for it,but have no luck...My Fierce is locked to unlock(too many bad codes)and I am trying to reset counter.Hard reset does not work so flashing clear firmware is my last hope.Please can You share with me?Thanks a lot forward

Last edited:

rebelminded88

Dec 18, 2013
Las Vegas
I'm able to start my phone up but gets stuck at the metro screen. I can go into the recovery and wipe but it just does the same thing. But if I have a back, I just may have a chance to figure this out

xondrax

update.zip

I am in touch with T-Mob helpline and Alcatel too,but they argue,that there is no update and they cant provide me an update.zip to fix my phone.
I dont know what is Your SW version but my is newer(or unknown L2HUMH2)than L2FUMF2 mentioned by T-Mob here...//support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-7393

n3rdy13

Oct 31, 2013
The backup should be flashed with sp flash tool. Sorry I didn't say that before. You will need to extract the backup first

lucifersocom

Mar 6, 2011
I had no problem with the update. I unrooted with framaroot then updated. After the ota update finished, I rooted with framaroot. Not a single problem.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Backup ready

I have a backup made if anybody wants it. I can't post the link here yet but I can send you a link via email or private message.

Backup failed, sorry everyone
    Ok guys if i can get someone with a new alcatel that hasnt updated it yet to pm me i think we can get a ota zip for this phone

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    This is a backup of stock L2RUMR0 made with MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.5.2e. You will need to use SP Flash tool to flash. This is stock but rooted T-Mobile Alcatel Fierce. No idea if it'll work but worth a shot for those with bricked phones. If it works for you, please let us know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2TrDMj95Nj7YkxFM3NwUGxOQlE/preview
    i've fix my screen

i was trying the firmware update of my one touch fierce yesterday and after doing all that was required, when the phone rebooted i was no longer able to view the screen (because the backlight stopped showing) i dont know why this is happening. but if i press and hold the lock button my screen starts showing again but if i escape from the power menu, the screen goes back to being dark. i have tried wiping, clearing cache partition rebooting and every other means possible but it doesnt return to normal. i think it may have something to do with the fact that my phone was roote when i started updating. the only idea i have left would be to re-flash the stock rom but the problem is i cant find one...any help at all would be appreciated

i have fix the problen on the screen of my phone, it was realy a hastle but i think you can do it too is only hard becas you wil have to press the button that open the recent apps tabs and keep it pressed it will pop up the menu(remember there is no image yet) get into settings by pressing at the center of the bottom of your screen put yor phone on landscape then scrool all the way down you can check if you are there by keeping pres the on/off bottom until the power menu shows up, press about phone then scroll all the way down an press betwen 7 or 9 times or iven more to be sure on Build Number to unlock developer tools then press the back bottom once with the phone still in landscape scroll all the way down (screen still no image) once on the bottom of the screen keep the on button to be able to see and locate the developers tool menu tap on it to get in and verify with the on button process. once in there scroll slowly down until you find the option Disable HW overlays and thats it your creen will work again:good::eek: though you will have tho do it every time you re-star your phine im working on it so wait a litle
    I'm able to start my phone up but gets stuck at the metro screen. I can go into the recovery and wipe but it just does the same thing. But if I have a back, I just may have a chance to figure this out

I'll upload the backup I created from my phone tonight and post a link ASAP. If you can pull it off you will be a hero to many! :D