XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MK2 Software Update?

Tip us?

TemporalShadows
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalfpj View Post
I was messing with some settings on my phone today and decided on a whim to check for an update, and low and behold, there was an update available. It seemed like a minor update, and my new Baseband version is I545VRUEMK2. Still at Android version 4.3. Kernel version 3.4.0 se.infra@R0210-09 #1 Wed Nov 20 12:44:43 KST 2013. Hardware version I545.06. I'm just wondering what the update changed, and I have not been able to find any information on it at all. THANKS!

Samsung Galaxy S4 on Verizon
Thanks for mentioning the new baseband, I was just about to ask! My voice signal sucked on MJ7 (more dropped calls and times when the phone wouldn't ring when called), did anyone else notice that?
I wonder if this new baseband update is any better...I actually just warranty replaced my phone due to the signal issues and the replacement came with ME7 so I disabled the updater on this one until I'm sure updating won't cause the same problem.
Current: Galaxy S4 [VZW]
Past: Droid RAZR Maxx / Galaxy Nexus / Thunderbolt / Moto Droid / TMo G1

ickray
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just so you guys know the mk2 update can be rooted the same way as MJ7....I did it and it works fine.