5,600,335 Members 34,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So I dropped my LG G2 in the toilet yesterday..

Tip us?

Itchiee
Old
Thanks Meter 212
I can understand you dropping it in the toilet because this phone is the sh*t!!!!!

Rice it out, good luck.
(This space for rent)
The Following User Says Thank You to Itchiee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

l7777
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Water isn't really the problem, it's the stuff in the water that is conductive. If you could put the device in distilled water, nothing would ever happen. What typically happens is the device gets wet, the water evaporates and leaves behind crud that bridges circuits and causes problems. Should I ever submerge a device my plan is to re-submerge it in some isopropyl alcohol to displace the water as soon as I can. While rice and other things will coax the moisture out of the device, the crud will still be left behind. Hopefully it deposits the crud in a non-critical location.

xblackvalorx
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj View Post
I was skeptical about the bag of rice, but now the oven? Am I baking cookies

Seriously I lucked out, and like to live by that saying if it aint broke dont fix it. I'll try the bag of rice and carry it with me. No, I dont think I'll look like a weirdo lol.
For future reference if this ever happens to you again, do not power the device back on. Quickly dry it like you did pull the battery asap and put the phone in rice for twenty four hours as other users suggested. Most device failures happen when the power hits the wet electronics.
The oven thing isn't ment with the oven on, it's just a really dry place.

Sent from my LG-G2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 21358
Thread Closed

Control Operator 1: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.

You require Assistance, just @ or send it, to my Inbox.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe