5,600,429 Members 32,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

everyone has 4.4 but us you've gotta be kidding me...

Tip us?

One-X-master
Old
Thanks Meter 2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozzzima123 View Post
Okay, thanks for your information, that was helpfull for me.

My conclusion:
The newer source is the better to build aosp/kitkat rom because these is a much more chance to get it compatible than with older kernel.

If I am wrong, someone can hit me
yep because in the newer source because of sense 5 android 4.2.2 there are more libs and other stuff which the devs doesn't need to get working through workarounds etc...they can be used natively if they REALLY could work now...so devs are looking now into but don't ask for ETA...we can just hope if they really can manage to get 4.4 working
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

jarein95
Old
Thanks Meter 623
And they release the source when my iphone 5s arrive! bye bye HOX!
For all of you enjoy this awesome phone that htc dont wont to continue supporting, anyways this phone is really fast!

I go to my new iphone 5s and android us going to be out from me!

Stay in this forum had been very greatfull!

Thanks to all!
Sorry for the offtopic!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jarein95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sthbr82
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozzzima123 View Post
Okay, thanks for your information, that was helpfull for me.

My conclusion:
The newer source is the better to build aosp/kitkat rom because these is a much more chance to get it compatible than with older kernel.

If I am wrong, someone can hit me
To put it simply, the new version of android will be having improved IPCs, binders communications, I/O and what not, for those things to work properly it has to be supported in kernel. So unless the KitKat is built with newer kernel source, most things will be broken.

Lets hope, now our devs will be able to port Kitkat to our One X, now that the kernel source is out. And the old Nexus 7 still uses 3.1 kernel, so chances are really bright.

Forrestyilin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Im really looking forward to running android 4.4 on HOX...pls pls pls