Please can someone check this?

Tip us?

vipergrm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Please can someone check this?

Hi folks,

Just got my new G2 today. I noticed that when playing music sound is only coming from the bottom right speaker grille. If I cover this there's no sound. Can someone check theirs and confirm if this is normal? Is the left speaker grille just a dummy then? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

xxxrichievxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergrm View Post
Hi folks,

Just got my new G2 today. I noticed that when playing music sound is only coming from the bottom right speaker grille. If I cover this there's no sound. Can someone check theirs and confirm if this is normal? Is the left speaker grille just a dummy then? Thanks!

Same here and I have the AT&T variant. The right side is the only side that sound comes out of. I'm thinking the left 'speaker' is the Microphone. Just like on my iPhone 4 there were two speakers, but one of them was a Microphone and the other was the actual speaker.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxxrichievxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergrm View Post
Hi folks,

i have the Verizon variant, i would assume they are the same. the sound only comes from one side mainly.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vipergrm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks for that richiev. I suspected that was the case as it certainly seems loud enough and it would be odd to place stereo speakers so close together. Cheers for confirming it for me!

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
They all only have one speaker. Verizon chose not to give it the stealth look.

xdafoundingmember
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 34
One strange thing I have found is if I'm playing music with media volume set to full, if I put ringer volume to silent it lowers the music volume, ,,, or is it just me?

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

koldlaser
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Don't notice the volume lower but do noticed a slight click from the first music played.

vipergrm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdafoundingmember View Post
One strange thing I have found is if I'm playing music with media volume set to full, if I put ringer volume to silent it lowers the music volume, ,,, or is it just me?

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That's interesting. The same thing happens here. I guess it's a bug of some kind.