5,606,409 Members 33,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kirik settings: how it works?

Tip us?

arizz96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Kirik settings: how it works?

Hi to all,
today I tried Kirik settings (http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...0-89b04a381a3c), an app that permits to access to fast settings (WiFi, cellular, airplane mode, new sms, ecc) by media player bar. When I press down or up volume button, the popup show me some choices as a "playlist" and by pressing the title, it opens the fast link page.
How do it works? How pressing on a "song" title, it show me a page?

Thanks to all and sorry my bad English.

Localhorst86
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizz96 View Post
Hi to all,
today I tried Kirik settings (http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...0-89b04a381a3c), an app that permits to access to fast settings (WiFi, cellular, airplane mode, new sms, ecc) by media player bar. When I press down or up volume button, the popup show me some choices as a "playlist" and by pressing the title, it opens the fast link page.
How do it works? How pressing on a "song" title, it show me a page?

Thanks to all and sorry my bad English.
It's really rather simple:

The audioplayer API allows apps to register as the currently playing audio player. If you tap the song, the API will open said audio player.

What Kirik presumably does is to initiate a "fake" audio playback and register itself as the current player to the audio API. That way, tapping the song will open up kirik. This would also explain why you need to "re-initialise" the app after you listen to real audio.

Note that whatsapp used to do something similiar (and I think it still does on WP7.X) to keep a data connection to the whatsapp servers in the background to allow up/downloading images in the background.
Phone: Nokia Lumia 920, retired my HTC 7 Mozart
Tablet: Acer Iconia W510 (Windows 8) - finally got rid of the horrible Samsung Galaxy Tab (P7510)