[Q] post update problems in Galaxy S4

Tip us?

Mansoursg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] post update problems in Galaxy S4

After I updated my S4 to 4.3 I had several problems including:

1- Headphones sign constantly connected even there is nothing plugged to the headphone jack.
2- Battery takes very long time to charge about 8 hours to fully charged even that I am using the OEM charger.

I have tried to factory restore my device, unplug the battery while the phone on/off, finally I took my phone to the samsung dealer in my country and they did factory reset for the phone and downloaded a new firmware, but the problems has showed up after the update and I think it is a software problem.

Do you have any suggestions to fix these problems?? especially the headphones problem I cannot use my phone to make phone calls. I need to use speaker every time I answer my phone, also the media sound is being streamed by the headphones only

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 448

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansoursg View Post

1- Headphones sign constantly connected even there is nothing plugged to the headphone jack.
2- Battery takes very long time to charge about 8 hours to fully charged even that I am using the OEM charger.

I have tried to factory restore my device, unplug the battery while the phone on/off, finally I took my phone to the samsung dealer in my country and they did factory reset for the phone and downloaded a new firmware, but the problems has showed up after the update and I think it is a software problem.

Do you have any suggestions to fix these problems?? especially the headphones problem I cannot use my phone to make phone calls. I need to use speaker every time I answer my phone, also the media sound is being streamed by the headphones only
What model of S4? Where are u from (zone)? Ur phone is branded or unlocked? Maybe u have wrong firmware

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

Mansoursg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
My device is 9505 LTE
It is a factory unlocked device in the middle east (Saudi Arabia) and I got an OTA update for my device

Simonka
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

I think battery charging takes very long on all g4 even on mine too
I have problem with vol. down button .. it is like pressing itself down and my phone is silent ..

Mansoursg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonka View Post
I think battery charging takes very long on all g4 even on mine too
I have problem with vol. down button .. it is like pressing itself down and my phone is silent ..
I have noticed all those problems after updating from 4.2.2 to 4.3 I think it is a software problem more than the device itself.

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 448

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
My device is 9505 LTE
It is a factory unlocked device in the middle east (Saudi Arabia) and I got an OTA update for my device
If u have OTA update.... why u dont try to update it and tell us how it works ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

Mansoursg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
If u have OTA update.... why u dont try to update it and tell us how it works ?
I had only the first update that caused me all the problems OTA, but I don't have other updates. I think there is an update coming to fix the problems in the first update from 4.2.2 to 4.3 and it is now only in European countries and doesn't reach the middle east. I have noticed that when I keep my headphones connected for a long period to my device the sign disappears for few seconds and when I disconnect the headphones jack and return back. Do you think it is a hardware problem??