5,596,128 Members 33,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] post update problems in Galaxy S4

Tip us?
 
Mansoursg
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] post update problems in Galaxy S4

After I updated my S4 to 4.3 I had several problems including:

1- Headphones sign constantly connected even there is nothing plugged to the headphone jack.
2- Battery takes very long time to charge about 8 hours to fully charged even that I am using the OEM charger.

I have tried to factory restore my device, unplug the battery while the phone on/off, finally I took my phone to the samsung dealer in my country and they did factory reset for the phone and downloaded a new firmware, but the problems has showed up after the update and I think it is a software problem.

Do you have any suggestions to fix these problems?? especially the headphones problem I cannot use my phone to make phone calls. I need to use speaker every time I answer my phone, also the media sound is being streamed by the headphones only
 
Joku1981
Old
#2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 448
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansoursg View Post
After I updated my S4 to 4.3 I had several problems including:

1- Headphones sign constantly connected even there is nothing plugged to the headphone jack.
2- Battery takes very long time to charge about 8 hours to fully charged even that I am using the OEM charger.

I have tried to factory restore my device, unplug the battery while the phone on/off, finally I took my phone to the samsung dealer in my country and they did factory reset for the phone and downloaded a new firmware, but the problems has showed up after the update and I think it is a software problem.

Do you have any suggestions to fix these problems?? especially the headphones problem I cannot use my phone to make phone calls. I need to use speaker every time I answer my phone, also the media sound is being streamed by the headphones only
What model of S4? Where are u from (zone)? Ur phone is branded or unlocked? Maybe u have wrong firmware

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
Mansoursg
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
My device is 9505 LTE
It is a factory unlocked device in the middle east (Saudi Arabia) and I got an OTA update for my device
 
Simonka
Old
#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansoursg View Post
After I updated my S4 to 4.3 I had several problems including:

1- Headphones sign constantly connected even there is nothing plugged to the headphone jack.
2- Battery takes very long time to charge about 8 hours to fully charged even that I am using the OEM charger.

I have tried to factory restore my device, unplug the battery while the phone on/off, finally I took my phone to the samsung dealer in my country and they did factory reset for the phone and downloaded a new firmware, but the problems has showed up after the update and I think it is a software problem.

Do you have any suggestions to fix these problems?? especially the headphones problem I cannot use my phone to make phone calls. I need to use speaker every time I answer my phone, also the media sound is being streamed by the headphones only
I think battery charging takes very long on all g4 even on mine too
I have problem with vol. down button .. it is like pressing itself down and my phone is silent ..
 
Mansoursg
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonka View Post
I think battery charging takes very long on all g4 even on mine too
I have problem with vol. down button .. it is like pressing itself down and my phone is silent ..
I have noticed all those problems after updating from 4.2.2 to 4.3 I think it is a software problem more than the device itself.
 
Joku1981
Old
#6  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 448
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansoursg View Post
My device is 9505 LTE
It is a factory unlocked device in the middle east (Saudi Arabia) and I got an OTA update for my device
If u have OTA update.... why u dont try to update it and tell us how it works ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
Mansoursg
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
If u have OTA update.... why u dont try to update it and tell us how it works ?
I had only the first update that caused me all the problems OTA, but I don't have other updates. I think there is an update coming to fix the problems in the first update from 4.2.2 to 4.3 and it is now only in European countries and doesn't reach the middle east. I have noticed that when I keep my headphones connected for a long period to my device the sign disappears for few seconds and when I disconnect the headphones jack and return back. Do you think it is a hardware problem??

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Fix the Ambient Light Issues on Your Google Nexus 5 using Xposed

The Google Nexus 5 is a great and rather popular device. This LG-produced … more

Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available

You may recall that early yesterday, we talked about the XE16 … more

Add Swipe Utilities to Your App with SimpleFingerGestures Library

Gestures have become an increasingly important element in smartphone UI … more