XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GOSms Notification - Can't read text

Tip us?

polstein
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by srtpusher View Post
weird - i am getting the notification and i can read the message. i am using the stock UK ROM. only issue is when you receive a 2nd text from the same person. if you haven't opened it on the phone, the 2nd message will say "2 unread messages". the watch doesn't talk to the app to show that you read the message.

hopefully they make an app for the gear...
Very odd. I'm on a stock rom (rooted). Do you use a lock screen, and do you use the GO Sms popups ?
Device: AT&T Galaxy Note 3

Keymonk FAQ

srtpusher
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by polstein View Post
Very odd. I'm on a stock rom (rooted). Do you use a lock screen, and do you use the GO Sms popups ?
I have a lock screen but don't use the pop up. It all isn't great because in order to keep it working, I have to go into the app and open the text. If not, it doesn't work for the next text.

polstein
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by srtpusher View Post
I have a lock screen but don't use the pop up. It all isn't great because in order to keep it working, I have to go into the app and open the text. If not, it doesn't work for the next text.
New gear manager, still no luck. Tried all the settings again (lockscreen on/off, popup on/off). I have to be missing something somewhere.

Keymonk FAQ

R0CKSTAR3N3RGY
Old
Thanks Meter 85
You would need the MK7 firmware that allows full notifications from all providers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
Devices: Samsung Epic 4G Touch, Asus TF700T, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Gear Watch
SGS4:
TF700:
ROM: Negalite WondeROM 4.3
ROM: CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.1
Kernel: KT-SGS4-JB4.3
Kernel: 3.1.10 _that OC+
Modem: MK2

PM me of you're interested in Phantom Hackers last release of Gingerbread Blazer ROM for the E4GT.

polstein
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKSTAR3N3RGY View Post
You would need the MK7 firmware that allows full notifications from all providers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
I have that. The odd part is that I have gotten 2 notifications out of dozens from Go Sms in the last week or so.

Keymonk FAQ