XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wicked 9.1 or just 4.3 issue?

Tip us?

Whyze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wicked 9.1 or just 4.3 issue?

Have been using Wicked 8 for some time, was glad to get 4.3 on my phone with Wicked 9.1.

However, I've noticing a couple things I'm really not a fan of and I'm not sure if it's a WickedROM thing or just an Android 4.3 thing..

1.) The 'Navigation' app seems to have gone away. Now, if I want to access Navigation, I must first launch Maps, then search..then etc etc (was already thoroughly upset with some of the last 'updates' to Maps/Navigation..it really seems to be going in the wrong direction for me..). Am I missing something or is that really what 4.3 brought?

2.) Along with the crappy way to have to launch Navigation, I've noticed the Voice used for the turn-by-turn directions is different. And NOT in a good way. It's terrible. I've checked the Text-to-Speech options and I see that I'm supposed to be able to pick a few different options (the Google engine offers a couple English options, but they sounds TERRIBLE and painfully robotic.) The Samsung engine offers a few other options (including a "High quality" version of English (US And UK)) but most don't sound very good either. So I decided I wanted to go with the HQ English UK voice. I click the button to download the HQ version and nothing happens. I'm not sure if it's downloading or not. Anyhow, regardless of what I end up picking here, it doesn't seem to stick. The navigation (and Google NOW) voice stays the horrible robotic voice. How can I change this!! (Preferably without the need for a 3rd party download) I had no issues with on WickedROM 8.

3.) This one makes me feel a bit silly to ask but. How do I take a screenshot? More specifically, how do I take a screen shot if I've disabled all of the crappy/gimmicky Samsung motion controls?

I'm a fan of the WickedROM series and so far haven't had any issues (aside from the above) with 9.1.. but I am a bit sad to see the boot screen I was using gone (The Sony one) as well as what seems to be much less options for battery icon in taskbar. Oh well.
Thanks for the help!

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 1869

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: screenshot - GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyze View Post
Have been using Wicked 8 for some time, was glad to get 4.3 on my phone with Wicked 9.1.

However, I've noticing a couple things I'm really not a fan of and I'm not sure if it's a WickedROM thing or just an Android 4.3 thing..

1.) The 'Navigation' app seems to have gone away. Now, if I want to access Navigation, I must first launch Maps, then search..then etc etc (was already thoroughly upset with some of the last 'updates' to Maps/Navigation..it really seems to be going in the wrong direction for me..). Am I missing something or is that really what 4.3 brought?

2.) Along with the crappy way to have to launch Navigation, I've noticed the Voice used for the turn-by-turn directions is different. And NOT in a good way. It's terrible. I've checked the Text-to-Speech options and I see that I'm supposed to be able to pick a few different options (the Google engine offers a couple English options, but they sounds TERRIBLE and painfully robotic.) The Samsung engine offers a few other options (including a "High quality" version of English (US And UK)) but most don't sound very good either. So I decided I wanted to go with the HQ English UK voice. I click the button to download the HQ version and nothing happens. I'm not sure if it's downloading or not. Anyhow, regardless of what I end up picking here, it doesn't seem to stick. The navigation (and Google NOW) voice stays the horrible robotic voice. How can I change this!! (Preferably without the need for a 3rd party download) I had no issues with on WickedROM 8.

3.) This one makes me feel a bit silly to ask but. How do I take a screenshot? More specifically, how do I take a screen shot if I've disabled all of the crappy/gimmicky Samsung motion controls?

I'm a fan of the WickedROM series and so far haven't had any issues (aside from the above) with 9.1.. but I am a bit sad to see the boot screen I was using gone (The Sony one) as well as what seems to be much less options for battery icon in taskbar. Oh well.
Thanks for the help!
I have no problem with GPS, and it's not a big deal for me to open maps and do it that way.

To take screenshots is easy, just press the power and home button at the same time for about
5 seconds and the phone takes a screenshot.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1708
Google did away with the nav icon.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊