5,596,128 Members 33,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My ace boots in only from recowery menu...

Tip us?

marciba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt My ace boots in only from recowery menu...

Hi! I have a problem with my Ace (s5830, rooted) My phone can't boot in if i switch off, and i want to switch on. It freeses at the samsung logo...
But if i boot into CWM (ver 5.0.2.4) and i choose 'reboot system now' it boots in fine and working.... How can i fix it? My rom is CM 10.2 modded by Mardon.

patafian1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do you use some script to mount ext4 partition like app2sd? I had the same problem when I installed app2sd and now I use link2sd and everything works great.

Benalimarwan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciba View Post
Hi! I have a problem with my Ace (s5830, rooted) My phone can't boot in if i switch off, and i want to switch on. It freeses at the samsung logo...
But if i boot into CWM (ver 5.0.2.4) and i choose 'reboot system now' it boots in fine and working.... How can i fix it? My rom is CM 10.2 modded by Mardon.
Try to do a full wipe and flash it again. Did you flash something with the rom (scripts or anything else)?

paradoxiumwind
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I have the same problem, but only when using Mardon's CM10.2

I wiped the phone numerous times completely and tried different roms, even going so far as to unroot and back to stock using Odin, and the phone turns off and back on and boots fine with those, but with CM10.2 if I turn the phone off, I have to enter CWM and then reboot in order for it to load the ROM.

marciba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default yes of course :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patafian1 View Post
Do you use some script to mount ext4 partition like app2sd? I had the same problem when I installed app2sd and now I use link2sd and everything works great.
well i have a 128 mb ext-3 partition but i'm using Link2SD app...........

marciba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benalimarwan View Post
Try to do a full wipe and flash it again. Did you flash something with the rom (scripts or anything else)?
it doesn't solve my problem

marciba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default My problem only with 4.3.x ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxiumwind View Post
I have the same problem, but only when using Mardon's CM10.2

I wiped the phone numerous times completely and tried different roms, even going so far as to unroot and back to stock using Odin, and the phone turns off and back on and boots fine with those, but with CM10.2 if I turn the phone off, I have to enter CWM and then reboot in order for it to load the ROM.
well my ace botts in normally if i use android 4.2.x and lower but i have the problem with every 4.3.x rom i think it's a bootloader error....