[Q] error message when unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

kieranc88

Oct 1, 2012
manchester
So I went on the Motorola unlocking website and I have fastboot and adb all set up with working drivers but when I get the code that is shown after entering fastboot oem get_unlock_data and enter it in the "can my device be unlocked?" box ,an error message appears that says " your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking but the support page says it is eligible,any ideas?

Last edited:

newuser25

Apr 30, 2012
Make sure there are no spaces. Took me some time to figure out there was a space in front of the whole number :)

Reactions: denzel09

kieranc88

Oct 1, 2012
manchester
So I went on the Motorola unlocking website and I have fastboot and adb all set up with working drivers but when I get the code that is shown after entering fastboot oem get_unlock_data and enter it in the "can my device be unlocked?" box ,an error message appears that says " your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking but the support page says it is eligible,any ideas?

Make sure there are no spaces. Took me some time to figure out there was a space in front of the whole number :)

Just generic moto g bought in UK from Tesco mobile but unlocked, I'll try the no spaces, but does that mean just look for spaces at beginning and end or in the centre of the text as well

Reactions: denzel09

newuser25

Apr 30, 2012
There was about five spaces in the number altogeteher.
Any luck?

Last edited:

t.karamichev

Nov 18, 2010
Having the same problem

I'm having the same problem with a Moto G that I bought from Tesco. I'm sure I'm copy-pasting everything without any blank spaces...

Is it possible that Tesco's devices are not eligible for bootloader? I managed to unlock the SIM so the phone works with all providers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It s a strange problem. Which model exactly is your? Can be helpful for others..

Just generic moto g bought in UK from Tesco mobile but unlocked, I'll try the no spaces, but does that mean just look for spaces at beginning and end or in the centre of the text as well