Tip us?

Mattthev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb Custom Kernel OC, Developers!

Hi guys,
OUYA need some good developers or really good one developer. Where are the times when I had HTC Wildfire and with this phone was everything possible a lot of developers. OUYA kernel looks quiet bad. 720p doesn't work and gamming at 1080p isn't smooth. So we need overclock GPU (600MHz+) or make working switch to 720p. If you think you have had 720p already, check this at CPU-Z or Nenamark 2.
Goddamn my MK802+ with ****ty overheating Allwinner A10 is switchable to 1080p and 720p!

If is anybody here what can improve kernel or resolution please do it. I think we the OUYA users can donate good developers.
Huawei Honor 2 U9508 2GB, 4.2 B705 Batty86 2.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 JBrom 4.0.4 OC
MK802+ GPU/CPU/RAM OC Uberoid 1.2 rom 4.0.4 -----> working better than OUYA!
OUYA - Root, Play Store ------> EPRJ kernel is comin and KitKat rom

nchantmnt
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
I'm still at it, but very little time to get into custom kernels

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X+ mit Tapatalk
EternityProject Team Member & Developer

Mattthev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchantmnt View Post
I'm still at it, but very little time to get into custom kernels

Good to hear that. Could you make working switch to 720p and 1080p. I think this is what everybody want, could make OUYA powerful. Or disable the 520MHz limit for GPU clock. Please, I will buy you some beers

XblackdemonX
Old
Thanks Meter 188

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattthev View Post
Hi guys,
So we need overclock GPU (600MHz+)
Do your research before you post
Tegra Overclock OUYA Edition
Galaxy SIII SGH-I747M (16GB+64GB SD)
Rom: LiquidSmooth v3.0 Beta 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock
----------------------------------------------
OUYA *Rooted*+Play Store
Rom: 1.2.771-r1
Kernel: Stock

nchantmnt
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattthev View Post
Good to hear that. Could you make working switch to 720p and 1080p. I think this is what everybody want, could make OUYA powerful. Or disable the 520MHz limit for GPU clock. Please, I will buy you some beers
why don't you use forced resolution mod in Mod Collection for Xposed Framework? should do at least the resolution part.
and for CPU/GPU:
I know for sure that tegra3 is build to be able to operate at higher temps and should be safe until ~75-80 degrees celcius.
With that in mind and the fact that we have active cooling i think oc should be possible, but would it be useful?
Stock CPU speed is maxed at 4 cores @1700Mhz, GPU is set to max 520 Mhz.
In theory it sould be possible to get a safe max for gpu at about 650Mhz, but you would notice the difference only a bit. Pumping it up to lets say 700-750 (technically possible but might become unstable) will bring just heat, noise of the fan and almost no noticable difference.

I started the kernel and did try some tweaks to get better IO-speeds and also tried to implent gpu-oc, but back then this kernel renderd my ouya useless and i had to order a second one. Since then and given the fact that this year had a couple of bad suprises for me and my family i still got lot of other stuff to deal with, whenever i got time and feeling like i want to, i get back to kernel development and try to a) unbrick my first ouya and b) read, learn and test some stuff. (i'm ne to all of this as well)
to this point i have nothing i would want to share, since it doenst give any pracital improvements to existing kernel
as soon as i have something that is worth sharing, i will do so

Mattthev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XblackdemonX View Post
Do your research before you post
Tegra Overclock OUYA Edition
You should did your own researh ROFL
Max GPU clock is 520MHz check it out bro. You can't get more without custom kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchantmnt View Post
why don't you use forced resolution mod in Mod Collection for Xposed Framework? should do at least the resolution part.
and for CPU/GPU:
I know for sure that tegra3 is build to be able to operate at higher temps and should be safe until ~75-80 degrees celcius.
With that in mind and the fact that we have active cooling i think oc should be possible, but would it be useful?
Stock CPU speed is maxed at 4 cores @1700Mhz, GPU is set to max 520 Mhz.
In theory it sould be possible to get a safe max for gpu at about 650Mhz, but you would notice the difference only a bit. Pumping it up to lets say 700-750 (technically possible but might become unstable) will bring just heat, noise of the fan and almost no noticable difference.

I started the kernel and did try some tweaks to get better IO-speeds and also tried to implent gpu-oc, but back then this kernel renderd my ouya useless and i had to order a second one. Since then and given the fact that this year had a couple of bad suprises for me and my family i still got lot of other stuff to deal with, whenever i got time and feeling like i want to, i get back to kernel development and try to a) unbrick my first ouya and b) read, learn and test some stuff. (i'm ne to all of this as well)
to this point i have nothing i would want to share, since it doenst give any pracital improvements to existing kernel
as soon as i have something that is worth sharing, i will do so
Thanks

With this Mod app you can't get 720p your TV say that but if you run benchmark you will see 1080p a score like 1080p even your TV say 720p. Only way is use Tegra Overclock Ouya, you will get 720p but not fullscreen. In becnhmark you will see 720p and much better result than with 720p in this mod app.
Possible max for this GPU should be about 650MHz as you sad, I think it will give you few more fps at 1080p even more at 720p. But max cpu clock is 1.6Ghz for all cores only for first it is 1.7GHz. Check it with CPU-Z.

nchantmnt
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
So first goal should be 1,7 on all cores. Shouldn't be to hard to accomplish.

Tags
720p, kernel, ouya, overclock, rom