XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Text message reply from Gear

Tip us?

koreankabachy
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenith View Post
It seems texting directly from the Gear is something to be used sparingly. On a normal work day (w/o TT) I would come home and the Gear would be at 81%. My first day of using TT and texting from my Gear exclusively, I hit 50% in 4 hours.
Directly relates to screen on time which drains the battery. My battery use to be around 70 when I got home before TT but I was also not using my watch that much. Now I use tt, I get about 100 text a day. That's a lot of added screen on time. Now I am usually home with about 50-40 battery. Looked at battery States and screen used about 70 percent of battery while tt was way down on the list.

Current setting with motion wake, screen brightness on 4 and vibrate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Rooted GN II "Jelly Beans" ROM

BlackZenith
Old
(Last edited by BlackZenith; 18th December 2013 at 06:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreankabachy View Post
Directly relates to screen on time which drains the battery. My battery use to be around 70 when I got home before TT but I was also not using my watch that much. Now I use tt, I get about 100 text a day. That's a lot of added screen on time. Now I am usually home with about 50-40 battery. Looked at battery States and screen used about 70 percent of battery while tt was way down on the list.

Current setting with motion wake, screen brightness on 4 and vibrate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
That's what I was implying by saying text from the Gear sparingly.

Although, I'm not convinced that just having TT connected doesn't effect the battery. Continuing from my previous post, I stopped doing anything from my Gear at 50% battery and 2 hours later my phone alerted me that the battery was low (15%). Mind you that I turned off the feature that turns the screen on every time you rotate your wrist. The screen never turned back on from 50% and it somehow lost 35% just sitting there for 2 hours... I have the latest release of TT, btw.
Note 3 + Gear 2

joshw0000
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_fella View Post
Nice! That's pretty sweet! Perhaps give Minuum Keyboard a shot? It looks promising in the little screen
It'll take some getting used to but I can see what I'm typing now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk