XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help deciding

Tip us?

huzi7868
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Default Help deciding

Hello android people i currently sold my ipad finally and now deciding on which tablet to get
1. xperia tablet z
2. samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014

b.huss2
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzi7868 View Post
Hello android people i currently sold my ipad finally and now deciding on which tablet to get
1. xperia tablet z
2. samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014
Guess it depends on the individual needs. The xtz is a great tablet, don't get me wrong, but I'm trying to sell my xtz to get the note 10.1 2014. Water proof is a useless feature in my case. The s pen however I could use. I love my note 3. I really want the note tablet experience.

acerdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.huss2 View Post
Guess it depends on the individual needs. The xtz is a great tablet, don't get me wrong, but I'm trying to sell my xtz to get the note 10.1 2014. Water proof is a useless feature in my case. The s pen however I could use. I love my note 3. I really want the note tablet experience.
Im trying to do that also and coming from the previous note 10.1 n8000 rooting and flashing roms would also be a million times easier.

b.huss2
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerdroid View Post
Im trying to do that also and coming from the previous note 10.1 n8000 rooting and flashing roms would also be a million times easier.
I never even unlocked or rooted my xtz. I had a feeling I wasn't going to keep it. I just sold it on Amazon. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I have my old Kindle fire running cm11 nightlies to tide me over for a while. The xtz is a great tablet, I just wasn't getting $550 worth of use from it.

cantenna
Old
(Last edited by cantenna; 10th December 2013 at 12:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 40
I have the 3.21, it runs great, hardley use my iPad 3 now. Waterproof is very important to me, I live in Canada. Its nice being,able to trek through snow and rain with this tablet not having to worry. All game I throw at it play great. In run a custom ROM and recovery s well as some scripts toleep it running fast. Also tablets get dirty, we all eat with them, nice to be able to rinse the tablet in the sink and the preinstalled screen protector is a nice touch.

Turbojugend
Old
Thanks Meter 24
So current owners of this tablet, I just purchased the Asus FHD 10 (ME302c) tablet, but may return it for this one. This is $100 more expensive, but it may be worth it.

Any complaints with custom roms or anything not working on this tab? I generally want it for some video watching and reading, browsing.

Thanks.

GretaLewd
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend View Post
So current owners of this tablet, I just purchased the Asus FHD 10 (ME302c) tablet, but may return it for this one. This is $100 more expensive, but it may be worth it.

Any complaints with custom roms or anything not working on this tab? I generally want it for some video watching and reading, browsing.

Thanks.
It's widely reported that the microphone on the xtz is poor, to the extent that it is unuseable with some apps -Skype for example.
I can vouch for the poor mic issue on Skype. You have to use mic+headset combo plugged in to the headphone jack to be able to talk to someone.
Very dissaponting. Some people have exchanged their xtz for a new one only to find the problem is still there
Phone : Nexus 4 (16GB) with PARANOIDANDROID 4.1 ROM & FRANCO Kernel
Tablet : Xperia Tablet Z (311, 16GB WiFi only) PAC (4.4) ROM , TWRP recovery

Turbojugend
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretaLewd View Post
It's widely reported that the microphone on the xtz is poor, to the extent that it is unuseable with some apps -Skype for example.
I can vouch for the poor mic issue on Skype. You have to use mic+headset combo plugged in to the headphone jack to be able to talk to someone.
Very dissaponting. Some people have exchanged their xtz for a new one only to find the problem is still there
I guess my thing is I just want it for internet browsing, some streaming, watching 720p/1080p mkvs and reading on. I like to tinker with Android and ROM's though and the XTZ has a thriving dev section where the Asus is non existant.