5,600,483 Members 32,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can the ultra be unlocked for tmobile?

Tip us?

eric303
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default can the ultra be unlocked for tmobile?

can the droid Ultra be unlocked for tmobile? I know some of the phones even though it is unlocked, the NorthAmerican radios are still locked so it can only be used world wide minus US. It this the case for the Ultra? I also have not seen any unlocking guides for this phone yet, is there any dev trying to make one?

thanks

aameghoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm pretty sure it's unlocked out the box and should work even on tmobile with no extra steps needed, I've seem posts of people running the maxx on at&t and tmobile so I would imagine it would be the same thing

DaemonAshra
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric303 View Post
can the droid Ultra be unlocked for tmobile? I know some of the phones even though it is unlocked, the NorthAmerican radios are still locked so it can only be used world wide minus US. It this the case for the Ultra? I also have not seen any unlocking guides for this phone yet, is there any dev trying to make one?

thanks
All you need to do is put in a t-mobile sim card and switch the network mode to Global. Works alright and gets good speeds but my data connection has been a little hit or miss lately.
HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC HD 2 > MyTouch 3G > Motorola CLIQ > Motorola CLIQ XT > LG Optimus T > iPhone 4 > Droid Incredible 2 > LG Revolution > Galaxy Nexus > Droid 4 > Galaxy S III > Galaxy Note II > Droid Maxx > Moto G > Moto X > iPhone 5s