Tip us?

Audigy187
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Volume mod

I took this volume mod from the t-mobile note 3 section
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2469463

we cant install a zip from a custom recover but we can take the file and copy it to the system folder manually. worked perfectly for me using root explorer.

Please make sure to backup ur original file before replacing with the new modded file. after install restart ur phone and get ready for some increased volume lol.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Audigy187 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

archie87
Old
(Last edited by archie87; 19th December 2013 at 05:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audigy187 View Post
I took this volume mod from the t-mobile note 3 section
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2469463

we cant install a zip from a custom recover but we can take the file and copy it to the system folder manually. worked perfectly for me using root explorer.

Please make sure to backup ur original file before replacing with the new modded file. after install restart ur phone and get ready for some increased volume lol.
Thank you for sharing this. For me, with custom equalizer settings the Note 3's volume takes a hit.

EDIT: Argh. Never-mind, It doesn't work with my bluetooth headphones.

wish777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1086

DONATE TO ME
I can edit any volume spectrum on the file if you need help...just remember to open that zip file.. And simply backup old file and replace it with the new higher volume file..change permission and owner...and reboot....My phone is insane loud now...
My ear piece seemed so low..and now it's extremely loud...

archie87
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish777 View Post
I can edit any volume spectrum on the file if you need help...just remember to open that zip file.. And simply backup old file and replace it with the new higher volume file..change permission and owner...and reboot....My phone is insane loud now...
My ear piece seemed so low..and now it's extremely loud...
Can you change the volume for bluetooth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

wish777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1086

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by archie87 View Post
Can you change the volume for bluetooth?

Did you try the mod the op linked the thread too? I used the medium loud version and was plenty loud for me..but if it's not for you I can make it a little louder for ya..post your file here and I'll touch it up for ya..

archie87
Old
(Last edited by archie87; 21st December 2013 at 01:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Did you try the mod the op linked the thread too? I used the medium loud version and was plenty loud for me..but if it's not for you I can make it a little louder for ya..post your file here and I'll touch it up for ya..
Are you using wireless headphones? I tried all three files and there was no difference. I am connected via apt-x so perhaps the mod only boosts SBC volume and not apt-x? I am not sure.

Ideally I would just like the Bluetooth volume boosted. I don't really need the others. I attached my file. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip snd_soc_msm_Taiko_CDP.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.0 KB, 9 views)

wish777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1086

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by archie87 View Post
Are you using wireless headphones? I tried all three files and there was no difference. I am connected via apt-x so perhaps the mod only boosts SBC volume and not apt-x? I am not sure.

Ideally I would just like the Bluetooth volume boosted. I don't really need the others. I attached my file. Thanks!
I only edited the "Headset Rx device" to 2.70.5% There seems to be no values within bluetooth like you said, but it seems to revert back to headset sbc settings....so lets try this. I don't have a bluetooth to test this on.

KEEP A BACKUP.....Just in case ok...

https://db.tt/RJQTzei4
The Following User Says Thank You to wish777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

archie87
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
I only edited the "Headset Rx device" to 2.70.5% There seems to be no values within bluetooth like you said, but it seems to revert back to headset sbc settings....so lets try this. I don't have a bluetooth to test this on.

KEEP A BACKUP.....Just in case ok...

https://db.tt/RJQTzei4
Thanks. So...I named my old with .bak at the end and copied the new one but now my phone won't boot past the AT&T logo. I had changed to the correct permissions and everything. The original is on the phone but I also attached it above. Question is; How do I get it back on my phone or restore the one on there?

ekerbuddyeker
Old
Thanks Meter 182
You can use flash Gordon to flash these.

archie87
Old
(Last edited by archie87; 21st December 2013 at 07:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
I'm guessing all I need to do is somehow flash the one file but how do I this since I can't boot?