[Q] [Help] No Cell Service/Radio doesn't work

Tip us?

FCO2011
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] [Help] No Cell Service/Radio doesn't work

Hey all,

Recently I wanted to flash a new ROM since I had been on Newt's Sense 5 ROM forever. Tried to flash the 11/27 build of CM10.2 and it went through but I had to cellular service. Just LTE, GPS, and wifi. Couldn't make or receive calls. So I restored my nandroid of Sense 5. And it still doesn't work. I either have no signal bars, or I have signal bars, but it will say "NO SERVICE" when I try to make a call. Any help? I know a lot of people don't cal these days but for what I do calling is pretty important.

Thanks!

if you need more information I can deliver
Droid DNA - Moonshined S-OFF - ROM of the Day
OG Droid Incredible - CM 7.2 Stable W/ latest Incredikernel

jhr5474
Old
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCO2011 View Post
Hey all,

Recently I wanted to flash a new ROM since I had been on Newt's Sense 5 ROM forever. Tried to flash the 11/27 build of CM10.2 and it went through but I had to cellular service. Just LTE, GPS, and wifi. Couldn't make or receive calls. So I restored my nandroid of Sense 5. And it still doesn't work. I either have no signal bars, or I have signal bars, but it will say "NO SERVICE" when I try to make a call. Any help? I know a lot of people don't cal these days but for what I do calling is pretty important.

Thanks!

if you need more information I can deliver

I am having the exact same issue. I tried to flash 4.4 and no service so I went back to viper sense 5 and no service still. So I relocked flashed the old bootloader old radio and old recovery. Then I RUUd back to stock original and still nothing. I am seeing this problem everywhere I have read at least 5 different threads with same problem no solution! Somebody help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sprint LG G2!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE THANKS BUTTON IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!

jhr5474
Old
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Default FIXED

I went to bootloader after accepting the new verizon update from the stock rom originally on phone and went to bootloader then factory reset from there and voila! Service again. Here is the thread that gave me the idea http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2335945&page=2
Sprint LG G2!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE THANKS BUTTON IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!

tfrank10
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I had a similar issue. Make sure you do a factory reset after RUU. That did the trick for me.

Sent from my dlx using Tapatalk
Palm Centro, Blackberry Storm, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Droid DNA.

FCO2011
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I can't RUU, it won't let me, it just says "Problem encountered, the ROM cannot be updated. please use the correct RUU and try again." Or something along those lines. Does anybody else have any other solutions? I cannot get this fixed for the life of me and it's ****ing pissing me off.
Droid DNA - Moonshined S-OFF - ROM of the Day
OG Droid Incredible - CM 7.2 Stable W/ latest Incredikernel

daydave100
Old
(Last edited by daydave100; 18th December 2013 at 05:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Do not fear! This exact problem happened to me. The only solution is to go back to s-off, factory reset, and RUU. Unfortunately when I did it I only had the oldest RUU (1.15) so I had to HTC dev unlock my bootloader and now it says tampered. There are newer RUUs now so that shouldn't be a problem.
If there's anything you want me to clarify just ask.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

The reason RUU isn't working for you is because you have to flash hboot. There's a thread on it somewhere but If you can't find it I'll post the link tommorow. I think it's the s-on to s-off thread.

Edit:
This is the thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2293919

[How-To] From S-OFF to 100% Stock S-ON [Facepalm/JTAG/RevOne/Moonshine]

This part fixes the RUU error:

FLASHING THE STOCK HBOOT:
*Credit to .torrented*

1. download 1.15 stock hboot: 1.15 stock hboot MD5: B4B8555C20724E12C3B9D33820746E50
2. Rename stock hboot file to : PL83IMG.zip and place in the folder that contains your fastboot.exe file (On your computer)
3. Flash hboot

daydave100
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Apparently there is an easier way to fix this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2568696