XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best possible upgrade from VM 3VO?

Tip us?

Kite-G
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Best possible upgrade from VM 3VO?

I was wondering, what would be the best phone to upgrade to from a Virgin Mobile HTC EVO 3D/V?
preferably from VM or Boost. which phone would be the best to get (value-per-money wise)?

im not really going to upgrade anytime soon, but i'm making plans to do so in about a year.
so far im looking into:
HTC Desire 601
HTC One SV
ZTE Supreme
LG Optimus F7

i'm mainly looking into for something with decent specs and community support. LTE is important, since i live in an area where 3G sucks, no 4G, but there's LTE all over. budget-wise, not willing to spend more than $250 since i paid $270 for my 3VO just to see its price drop it like its hot afterwards. some of the phones listed are over the budged stated, but remember i'm talking a year in the future. also, which other devices do you expect to see arrive to VM/Boost in the coming year?

Kippui
Old
(Last edited by Kippui; 15th December 2013 at 08:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
None of them.

Currently in the same situation. The only logical clear cut upgrade would be the Galaxy S3.

Those phones lack in some area compared to the 3d in some areas be it type of display/resolution, development wise, and build quality. The galaxy S3 would be the only phone to give you a FULL upgrade in all areas compared to the EVO 3d.
1. 1280x720 AMOLED display
2. HUGE development community due to it being 99.9% similar to the sprint version
3. LTE
4. 4.8 inch screen
5. 2 gigs of ram

For the future maybe you can hope they put the LG optimus G(nexus 4 sister) for $250 sometime next year?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kippui For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrsweet08
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The zte supreme is a great phone only issue is development issues. Its been rooted but not much else. I believe there is a version of cwm available for it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsweet08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kite-G
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
i agree with Kippui. i took a closer look to all of them, specs, reviews, development, accessories, everything. i considered the ZTE Supreme until i found out the problems people are having with the display backlight, and its poor development. then fell down to HTC Desire 601, but i realized its really not much of an upgrade. i was gonna stick to it anyways, because of my limited budget. but i see the S3 got a price cut, plus i almost forgot i can get it off HSN without having to shell out the $300+ at the moment.
i consider anything more powerful than an S3 to be overkill IMO. so yeah, maybe S3 and flash Cyanogenmod or something.