FORUMS

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Xposed Framework Updated to v65

Xposed Framework is an extremely popular modification platform for Android, so much so that we included … more

[HowTo] Kindle FIre HD 2013 - Remove Ads from Lockscreen

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By Codemasta, Junior Member on 14th December 2013, 10:33 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
  1. root your Kindle Fire HD 2013
  2. Download and install ES File Explorer from amazon AppStore (its free)
  3. Start ES File Explorer and enable Root Explorer
  4. Browse to "/data/securedStorageLocation/dtcp/"
  5. Marke the "adunits" folder
  6. Go to "more" and "settings"
  7. Remove the permissions from "rwx --- ---" to "--- --- ---"
  8. (Optional) Remove all folders in the adunits folder



Sorry for my bad english.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Codemasta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
14th December 2013, 05:46 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codemasta

  1. root your Kindle Fire HD 2013
  2. Download and install ES File Explorer from amazon AppStore (its free)
  3. Start ES File Explorer and enable Root Explorer
  4. Browse to "/data/securedStorageLocation/dtcp/"
  5. Marke the "adunits" folder
  6. Go to "more" and "settings"
  7. Remove the permissions from "rwx --- ---" to "--- --- ---"
  8. (Optional) Remove all folders in the adunits folder



Sorry for my bad english.

Worked great! Thanks.
14th December 2013, 07:05 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Thank you for the feedback

Gesendet von meinem KFSOWI mit Tapatalk 2
15th December 2013, 06:25 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I think it would be easier to just root and then download the pro version of titanium and freeze the Amazon special offers app. You can find the titanium backup app on 4shared.
18th December 2013, 05:39 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
confirm, this works great for me

i have done this with adb shell
simply 3 steps

Code:
adb shell
$ su
# chmod 000 /data/securedStorageLocation/dtcp/adunits
# reboot
19th December 2013, 02:45 AM |#6  
SafinWasi's Avatar
Senior Member
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 355
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codemasta

  1. root your Kindle Fire HD 2013
  2. Download and install ES File Explorer from amazon AppStore (its free)
  3. Start ES File Explorer and enable Root Explorer
  4. Browse to "/data/securedStorageLocation/dtcp/"
  5. Marke the "adunits" folder
  6. Go to "more" and "settings"
  7. Remove the permissions from "rwx --- ---" to "--- --- ---"
  8. (Optional) Remove all folders in the adunits folder



Sorry for my bad english.

Or you could just use the Kindle Fire XSettings(root needed)which is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: apk KFHD_xSettings.apk - [Click for QR Code] (500.8 KB, 1450 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SafinWasi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2014, 01:00 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codemasta

  1. Start ES File Explorer and enable Root Explorer

When I try to start root explorer it tells me "Test fail. Sorry this feature cannot run on your device". This means I didn't get root?
Last edited by vit.prosperous; 3rd January 2014 at 02:16 PM.
6th January 2014, 12:04 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
This works great. It removed the ads. However, the lock screen wallpapers never rotate. I am stuck with the manilla paper book looking wallpaper, which is hideous. Every once in a while on a reboot it will cycle, but as soon as it goes to sleep and comes back, it's back to the manilla book.

Is there any way to set my own wallpaper, or to fix it so that it rotates the lockscreen wallpaper correctly?
6th January 2014, 07:54 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
no root
Quote:
Originally Posted by vit.prosperous

When I try to start root explorer it tells me "Test fail. Sorry this feature cannot run on your device". This means I didn't get root?

Yes this means you did not get root.
7th January 2014, 09:30 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austerity

This works great. It removed the ads. However, the lock screen wallpapers never rotate. I am stuck with the manilla paper book looking wallpaper, which is hideous. Every once in a while on a reboot it will cycle, but as soon as it goes to sleep and comes back, it's back to the manilla book.

Is there any way to set my own wallpaper, or to fix it so that it rotates the lockscreen wallpaper correctly?

I have the same problem, always got the same wallpaper, it's getting kinda boring :3
I haven't found a solution for this yet since I'm not sure what is causing it :/

Greetings!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes