XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cant RCK tf300t

Tip us?

macieksoft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cant RCK tf300t

Hi, Im trying to install cm 11.0 on my tf 300t, im trying to install TWRP. The boot loader is unlocked and the device is rooted. I tried get into the fast boot menu but cant. I hit Power and vol down and get into a new screen with a row of 3 icons. I see the RCK and hover over the button for 5 sec... nothing happens. I waited for 5 min an nothing happened. I then tried to hit the volume up button but that fails and re boots me into the OS. Im running 4.2.1. Is there a Fix for this problem? Can I install TWRP another way? (maybe through ADB?) Thanks

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by macieksoft View Post
Hi, Im trying to install cm 11.0 on my tf 300t, im trying to install TWRP. The boot loader is unlocked and the device is rooted. I tried get into the fast boot menu but cant. I hit Power and vol down and get into a new screen with a row of 3 icons. I see the RCK and hover over the button for 5 sec... nothing happens. I waited for 5 min an nothing happened. I then tried to hit the volume up button but that fails and re boots me into the OS. Im running 4.2.1. Is there a Fix for this problem? Can I install TWRP another way? (maybe through ADB?) Thanks
The first time you install TWRP, it should be through ADB (fastboot). Flash it from your computer. After that, you will be able to flash ROMs from the recovery menu on the tablet.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE

macieksoft
Old
(Last edited by macieksoft; 18th December 2013 at 03:13 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
The first time you install TWRP, it should be through ADB (fastboot). Flash it from your computer. After that, you will be able to flash ROMs from the recovery menu on the tablet.
I cant Flash though... the instructions say to go to Hover over the RCK fir 5 seconds, I can do that but nothing happens. " I can boot into the JB, but thats it.

macieksoft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I cant Flash though... the instructions say to go to Hover over the RCK fir 5 seconds, I can do that but nothing happens. " I can boot into the JB, but thats it.
AHAHHAHAHA IM SO STUPID xD. On android 4.2.1 you dont get a message, you can just send the file over through adb. Nothing happens if you hover over the screen. Thanks for the help.

macieksoft
Old
(Last edited by macieksoft; 18th December 2013 at 03:43 AM.) Reason: Spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Now I have another problem, both TWRP and CWM don't have access to any files. They still boot up, but they don't have the ability to install or find any files or create logs. Im getting the errors saying nothing can mount.

graphdarnell
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Now I have another problem, both TWRP and CWM don't have access to any files. They still boot up, but they don't have the ability to install or find any files or create logs. Im getting the errors saying nothing can mount.
Did you flash the 4.2 TWRP file? CWM has no version that woks with the 4.2 bootloader, except for the one in the flatline.img for NVFlash. If you flashed the regular TWRP recovery by mistake, follow the instructions here to recover, and start all over again. Remember to choose the correct recovery.

macieksoft
Old
(Last edited by macieksoft; 18th December 2013 at 04:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphdarnell View Post
Did you flash the 4.2 TWRP file? CWM has no version that woks with the 4.2 bootloader, except for the one in the flatline.img for NVFlash. If you flashed the regular TWRP recovery by mistake, follow the instructions here to recover, and start all over again. Remember to choose the correct recovery.
What would be the correct file be then? I tried flashing the " openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-tf300tg-JB.blob " off of here http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/tf300t (thats what I first flashed) Could you link/tell me which file I would need? thanks.

macieksoft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphdarnell View Post
Ok, so i'm assuming I need the openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-tf300t-4.2.blob file. I DO have access to fastboot, can I just flash over the other Twrp recovery installed? Or do I have to follow the steps at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=12 ? Thanks.

macieksoft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I ended up flashing the blob file, and it did work. But when I tried installing CM11 I got an error and it shut down. Now I had a boot screen of the ASUS logo, flashing on/off every 20 sec. BUT I did make a backup, and was able to restore the system from that. Can anyone tell me what I have to wipe/do to install CM 11 on the tf300t? Or even cm 10.2 if its easier.

some (maybe) useful info
- I can boot into fastboot
- I can boot into the OS
- I do have a backup in case anything goes wrong
- I have twrp 2.6.3

macieksoft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
So I ended up flashing the blob file, and it did work. But when I tried installing CM11 I got an error and it shut down. Now I had a boot screen of the ASUS logo, flashing on/off every 20 sec. BUT I did make a backup, and was able to restore the system from that. Can anyone tell me what I have to wipe/do to install CM 11 on the tf300t? Or even cm 10.2 if its easier.

some (maybe) useful info
- I can boot into fastboot
- I can boot into the OS
- I do have a backup in case anything goes wrong
- I have twrp 2.6.3
I successfully installed CM 10.2 But I cant get CM11 working, anyone want to share how they got CM 11? Thanks